IF | Film Review


After discovering she can see long-forgotten imaginary friends, Bea (Cailey Fleming) sets out on a quest to reunite the imaginary friends with their children.

I initially wasn't going to review this film, just because I don't usually review children's movies. But after reading reviews and seeing it described as a film for adults as well as kids, I decided to watch and review it.

I really really liked this movie. 

I was extremely invested in the lives of the characters from the very beginning, particularly because of the relationship between Bea and her father (John Krasinski), which was so sweet!

The acting is great, especially Fleming. She plays her part so well.

The best thing about the film is the imaginary friends. Visually they're so unique and creative, and it's so interesting hearing all the recognisable voices.

It's lovely to watch and spend time with the characters - real and imaginary.

It was so much funnier than I thought it would be, but it was also a lot heavier than I expected. There are themes and scenes that will hit a lot harder for adults than for children.

And then there was the ending, which tied everything together really well and overall just solidified how lovely the film is.

Overall, yes this is definitely a film for children, but I got a lot out of it and really found myself emotionally invested in the story. So it's definitely worth a watch no matter your age!

7.5/10


Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review