Wedding Season | Film Review

 

I was really looking forward to seeing this film after watching the trailer. I love the fake-dating trope in movies and books, and this looked like an original take on that.

Due to family pressure, Asha (Pallavi Sharda) and Ravi (Suraj Sharma) pretend to date over a summer of weddings, but are all of their feelings fake?

I enjoyed this movie.

I loved the opening scene. It was funny, original, and set the tone for the rest of the movie really well.

As I've already said, I really liked the premise. It made for an interesting and fun watch.

I felt like the relationship between the characters developed quicker than I would have liked. The way the characters are set up, it seemed like it would have taken a lot more time for Asha to like Ravi.

Having said that, the characters, and their actors, have great chemistry.

The montage of weddings is beautiful. It was the first time I really got these characters and their potential relationship. From here I started to enjoy the film a lot more.

There are parts of the story that get quite generic, but the thing that makes this feel more original than your average rom-com is the originality (and chemistry) of the characters. The characters are better than the story.

Overall if you're a rom-com fan, I'd definitely recommend this film. It's not as original as it could be, but it's definitely a cute, fun watch.

5.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List