Halloween Ends | Film Review

I didn't love the last Halloween movie, Halloween Kills. But as this is supposedly the last one in the franchise, I couldn't not watch it.

When Corey (Rohan Campbell) is accused of murdering the boy he was babysitting, a series of events leads to Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) having to face the man who has haunted her life, Michael Myers, for the final time.

Like Halloween Kills, I also didn't like this movie. In fact, I think it was worse than the last.

I liked the opening scene, with Corey and the boy he's babysitting. It was nothing like a 'Halloween' movie, but I liked that it was turning the genre on its head a bit, giving us something different. I just wish it hadn't strayed so far from the franchise for the whole movie.

The friendship/relationship between Corey and (potential spoiler) comes out of the blue and doesn't feel particularly realistic. 

It takes too long for the film to get to the point. The audience is only here because we care about Laurie and Michael - no one cares about Corey. He wasn't a character before this movie too place, so it makes almost no sense to give him such an important part of this story. Especially as this is the last in the franchise.

The story is very unrealistic, a bit stupid, and quite boring. It felt like something I had to get through, rather than something that I enjoyed.

Overall, for a 40 year build-up, this isn't the way that I wanted the franchise to end. To be honest, I think Michael and Laurie deserved a better finale.

3/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List