3 Month Favourites | July - September 2022

This Favourites post is late, so it feels like even longer since my last one. I found and re-found quite a lot of things to mention in these three months, so let's get on with it!

Favourite Movie (1): Marry Me


I haven't seen a lot of movies recently, and I've seen even less good ones. I reviewed this movie HERE, and while it's not the best movie I've seen, it's one of the ones that I've most enjoyed watching recently.

Favourite TV Show (1): Sons of Anarchy

I've mentioned Sons on the blog before, maybe a year ago when I first started watching it. I started re-watching the show in August, and not only did I fall in love with it all over again, but I loved it more this time around than I did the first time. It has firmly become one of my absolute favourite shows, I would recommend it to anyone, and I'm already kind of ready to watch it again! This won't be the last mention of Sons in this post.

Favourite TV Show (2): Luke Cage

Back when Marvel shows were coming out on Netflix, I fell in love with Jessica Jones, but never really got into any of the other shows. Recently I started watching Luke Cage on Disney+, and I really wish I had watched it at the time because it's a great show! Admittedly I only started watching it because Theo Rossi, from Sons of Anarchy, also stars in it, but I was completely pulled in by the story! I've just started season 2, but season 1 was fantastic, and I wish that more people had watched it at the time, because it definitely deserves to be talked about the way other Marvel shows were.

Favourite TV Show (3): Abbott Elementary


I had Abbott Elementary on my favourites at the beginning of the year, but I have it again because I finished the show in July/August and I absolutely loved it. I actually liked the second half more than the first half, so it definitely deserved to be mentioned again. If you're in the UK, the show is on Disney+ and is definitely worth a watch!

Favourite Song (1): I Could Fall In Love

I watched the movie 'Selena' recently, about the life of Selena Quintanilla. I've heard this song before, but putting it into the context of the movie just gave it a whole new meaning. I completely fell in love with the song, and have been playing it on repeat since.

Favourite Song (2): Come Join The Murder


This is the song that closes out the Sons of Anarchy finale, and it's another one that I've had on repeat since I heard it. Not only is it an incredible song on its own, but in the context of the show it just carries so much weight and emotion - listening to it still makes me emotional. It's worth listening to, but it's also worth seeing alongside the Sons finale.

Favourite YouTuber: Jim Chapman


I removed the 'favourite youtuber' category from my favourites posts a long time ago, when I stopped watching YouTube as much and basically ended up unsubscribing from the majority of people I used to follow, Jim Chapman included. But weirdly, as I've grown up, I've found that his current content has also grown up, and I've kind of found my way back to it. Weird how that can happen.

Favourite Actor: Theo Rossi

Theo Rossi was the only person that I knew outside of Sons of Anarchy when I started watching it (other than Charlie Hunnam), weirdly because he was in a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie back in 2001. But after getting really into the show, I was surprised to see how many film credits he has, because he's never been an actor who's talked about. I'm working my way through his filmography, and really wish that he and his work were seen and spoken about more, because he's really underrated and has done some great things. I'd definitely recommend watching 'Luke Cage' and a movie called 'American Skin'. Also, if you're already a fan of Sons, he has a podcast about the show with another of the stars, Kim Coates, called Reaper Reviews. Definitely worth a listen if you're into the show.

Favourite Book: Hostage


I haven't uploaded my review of this book yet, so I won't say much here, but it's definitely worth reading if you have the chance. A great, unique thriller.

And those are my July-September favourites! Let me know what some of your favourites have been!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List