The Last 10 Films I've Watched!

Hey Guys x

So, I've been on holiday for the last week, and I've watched a lot of movies!

Since the beginning of the year, I've been keeping a diary. And in that diary, I've been including every single film that I watch, so at the end of the year, I can have a list of all the films that I've seen.

So I thought I'd go backwards through the list and give you all a mini-review of the last ten films that I've seen.

I hope you enjoy seeing what films I've been watching!

Repentance


This is the last film I watched, and I have to admit that I never would have even thought about watching this film if it didn't star Anthony Mackie. However, I gave it a chance and I was pleasantly surprised. The thing with this film though, is that, the major event (and spoiler) only happens 30 minutes in, so there's not a lot I can tell you without giving anything away, but essentially, a man is giving one-to-one therapy to another man who has recently lost his mother, but there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye.
I'll leave the trailer here because my description was rubbish, but it is a really good film!

Hush


This film was also quite good! Not as good as I expected it to be, but it was still good. It's about a deaf woman who is stalked by a deranged killer in a mask. It's really good at getting across the pitfalls of this woman's disability, as well as not being able to hear the killer, she can't hear how loud her own footsteps are - and her other senses are not necessarily heightened as other films would have you believe. In all honesty, I wanted it to be much scarier than it was - like, I wanted to be too scared to go to bed at night. But most of you will be pleased to hear that it wasn't that scary at all!

Sorority Row


Another horror film! I've seen this film about 2 or 3 times and it's just as good each time round! It's about a group of girls in a sorority who play a prank on a guy, but the prank goes horribly wrong and they make a pact to never tell anyone what happened. However, a year later, and there's someone out there who knows everything - and they want revenge!
It's very 'I know what you did last summer' on a budget, but it's a great film! It's one of the only horror movies that I can watch at night and be completely fine to forget it by the time I'm lying in bed - a great watch!

Captain America: Civil War


This is my favourite film of the year so far and quite possibly my favourite Marvel movie so far - it was just incredible! It's a continuation from previous Marvel films, about whether or not the Avengers should be controlled by the government or whether they should be able to control themselves. However, when Cap finds his old best friend Bucky, who is now a criminal, the reason that they're fighting changes entirely!
I've seen this film a few times now, and each time I watch it is better than the last! Oh, and I'm definitely still #TeamCap!
If you're a Marvel fan, go and see this if you haven't! If you're not a Marvel fan... become one!

Captain America: The First Avenger


I watched this to remind myself of the relationship between Cap and Bucky before the whole Winter Soldier business took place. I loved watching this so much, and it really helped me to understand Civil War a lot more - so I'd definitely suggest watching this before (or after) you watch Civil War! Even if it is just to see a young Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan running around and being all cute!

Silent House


I found this in my cupboard, saw that it had Elizabeth Olsen in it, and put it on. I'm not going to lie, I saw the first 45 minutes, fell asleep, and watched the last 20 minutes, so my review might not be that great! But I did enjoy it. A girl and her father and uncle are renovating a house, when strange things begin to happen. I can't give anything away, but it does have a great, unexpected twist and had some good jumpy moments. However, I'm not planning to put it back on and watch the parts that I slept through any time soon! It didn't intrigue me enough to watch it again.

House at the End of the Street


I've never been the biggest fan of Jennifer Lawrence, but I wanted to give this film a try because of my love for horror, and I'm glad I did because it was really good! A girl and her mother move into a house. While there, they hear stories about the boy that lives (you guessed it!) in the house at the end of the street. The girl decides to befriend this strange boy - and this is where the trouble starts! Horror fans will probably like this film, and if you don't, at least you can say that you've seen it!

He's Just Not That Into You


This film has so many of my favourite actors and actresses in it that I couldn't not watch it! It's about a girl (I think her name is GiGi) who is looking for love, when she finds out the trick: The guys that say they'll call you, but don't - They're not into you! The guys who make excuse after excuse not to see you/date you/move in with you/sleep with you/marry you - are just not into you! There are multiple interlinked stories testing out this theory, with a variety of interesting results! It's such a great film, definitely watch it!

The Attic


This is one of my favourite horror movies ever! I remember going to HMV's all the time specifically trying to find this film so I could watch it over and over again, and I was so happy when I finally found it! It's about a family who move into a new house (as so many horror films are these days!) and think everything is going great for them. Until things start happening - alarms going off, garage doors opening by themselves, things going missing. Then comes the question - what happened to the previous owners of the house?
Definitely watch this, because it is so underrated but it definitely needs more love! It's great!

The Perfect Score


This is a very American movie! And I only watched it because it was the first time that Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson appeared on screen together, so I was surprised that it was actually quite a good movie that I definitely want to watch again! It's about a group of kids that, for various reasons, need great scores on the SATs (I don't really know what these are so I have no UK equivalent). But anyway, this is so important, that they feel like the only way to get a good grade, is to steal the answers to the test. It's such a simple premise, but I really enjoyed this film and would encourage anyone to watch it!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below what the last film you saw was!

Keep smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Thr last thing I watched was the Breakfast Club :P

    One World, Too Many Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that yet - I really need to! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm finally going to see Civil War on Tuesday and I can't wait now after reading this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great film watches. They sound truly interesting. I tink I watched Charlie's Angels (movie) last. I still love it. Take care always lovie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List