Captain America: Civil War | Film Review


Hey Guys x

So, if you regularly read my blog, you'll know how much of a Marvel Cinematic Universe fan I am, and if you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I went to see this movie yesterday.

I gave a mini twitter review over the course of a few tweets, which you can see below (read from the bottom up):


So I thought that I'd expand on that and give you a lot more detail about the film.

And of course, I won't be posting any spoilers because, if I had heard any spoilers before I saw it, it would have completely ruined the experience for me.

So if you want to get the best experience, try to avoid spoilers!

I'm assuming that if you want to see this film, you have knowledge of the MCU, so I won't waste time explaining characters or anything.

So, after a series of events, which have led to the deaths of civilians, the team are being reprimanded by the government. They want the Avengers to be put in check, to have someone to answer to, and for some of their decisions to be made for them. Tony Stark agrees. After creating Ultron, he wants to make sure that something that disastrous can't happen again. Steve Rogers disagrees, believing that the safest hands are still their own and that they should be able to decide where they'll go and how their powers will be used. Obviously, this creates a bit of friction, with some of the team (Rhodey, Black Widow and Vision) siding with Tony, and others (Falcon and Scarlet Witch) siding with Steve. However, when Steve's ex-best friend and criminal assassin Bucky Barnes is spotted, Steve has to do everything he can to find him before the government do. And suddenly, this divide between teams stretches so far that it isn't just about the Sokovia Accords and the government anymore, it's a fight about friendship, justice, loyalty, and above all, doing what's right.

I really really loved this film, as a MCU fan and as a film lover in general.

I am a fan of all of these characters, and I love the way that they've developed - particularly Bucky and Scarlet Witch, who are two of my favourites.

In this film, they introduced two new characters, Spiderman (who's not technically new, but this is his first time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and with this particular actor) and Black Panther. And, upon hearing about them, I wasn't particularly excited about either of these characters coming into this world - but they were both amazing! Black Panther is an amazing character, and spiderman really surprised me - he was much funnier than I thought he was going to be!

And then there was the return of two of my favourites, Hawkeye and Ant-man, who were amazing as always.

I also have to mention that I love the squad goal that is Cap, Bucky and Falcon - where do I sign up to join this squad please??

And then we move on to the team. Whether I'm Team Cap or Team Iron Man. As I said in my tweet above, I was Team Cap before I even really knew what the film was about, Team Cap when I saw the trailer and fully understood, and I'm still Team Cap after seeing the movie.
I love Tony Stark, honestly, but in the past he's been the more irrational of the two, so I leaned towards Cap. However, I was surprised with the way that the film changed my perception of the characters. Cap became the more irrational one and Tony was more level-headed.
Also, my dad went into the movie as completely Team Iron man and after seeing the movie, switched to Team Cap, mainly because it allowed him to understand Bucky's character a bit more and why Cap would risk so much to save him.

However, I am on team Cap because, I don't particularly trust the government, and I'd hate to see someone like Donald Trump running a group of extraordinary people like the Avengers. I think that would make things a hundred times worse, so I would not sign the Sokovia Accords. But I can completely see both sides and I can understand why team Tony would - because they're just human and can make mistakes that cost people their lives, and this should be taken into consideration by Team Cap. However, I don't think that government are the best people to regulate this.

Anyway, the other thing that I loved about the film was the action scenes! Everyone had costume upgrades and they had a lot more moves in their repertoires, which was great to see. And I also loved that the fights weren't straightforward. Like, team Tony had a lot more gadgets and a lot of team Cap only do hand-to-hand combat, but that didn't matter. It really was the definition of a fair fight, and certainly not predictable.

I think the Russo brothers (the directors) did an amazing job with making sure that all of the characters got a good amount of air-time without it seeming like they were just shoving random things in. Every single line of dialogue, every word, every look, every move was completely and utterly relevant to the story, and I think that's amazing.

Overall, please go and see this movie. If you're a Marvel fan, go go go! You will not be disappointed because it's incredible! Particularly if you're a fan of the Captain America movies, because this is the best film of the trilogy and better than most of the other movies in the MCU! I'm actually planning to see this again tomorrow, which will be the first time that I've ever seen a film in the cinema more than once, so you know it's worth it!

Thank you for reading.

Are you a fan of Marvel? Have you seen Civil War yet? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List