My 2016 Summer Reading List!


Hey Guys x

This might seem a little early for summer, given that it's still the beginning of May. However, my summer officially begins next week! I am so excited to have nothing to do!

I honestly don't think I've read a book for leisure since I began uni which is crazy, so picking these books was really fun!

I did a post like this last summer, and I failed! I only got through 4 1/2 of the 11 books that I wanted to read over the summer - so this year, I want to beat my record!

So I've chosen different books this time around (even though I haven't read most of the ones from last year!), and I'll give you a brief description of them.

Nobody's Girl and Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done

These are the two books that I always start my summer off with. They are my favourite books in the entire world, so I make sure that I read them both at least once a year. They're both coming of age novels that are really fun and adventurous. I talked about them so much last year that I won't explain what they're about now, but definitely look them up if you want something of a different genre to read!

Life On The Refrigerator Door

This is one that I'm really excited about! A mother and daughter live together, but they never see each other, with mum working nights and daughter in school during the day. The only way they communicate is by leaving notes for each other in the fridge door. The whole book is the notes from mother to daughter and vice versa, which all seems fine, until daughter gets a note that she never expected!
Someone from my creative writing class mentioned this book and, after looking it up, I immediately bought it because it looks so interesting! I've never read a book like this before, so I'm really excited to read it this summer!

Shopaholic to the Stars

This is one of the latest books in the shopaholic series. This is about seven books in, so there's no point explaining what it's about, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through it (I started reading it a few months ago) so I'm really looking forward to diving into Becky's world once again and finishing it!

P.S. I Love You

This book was in the last list and I never got around to it! I read half of it when I was in sixth form about a year and a half ago, and haven't touched it since! So I need to force myself to read it this year! It's about a woman who tragically loses her husband, the love of her life. However, just as she decides to give up, she receives a letter from her husband, giving her instructions, allowing her to imagine her life without him.
I can't wait to finish this, it sounds so beautiful and it's just my type of book!

Finding Audrey

I've had this book since it came out and hadn't even read the blurb until today, which is awful! But it seems like a really great book, so it is firmly in this list! It's about a girl called Audrey who suffers from social anxiety, which is so bad that she can't even gain the courage to leave the house. Then she meets a boy who changes her perspective on everything, and gives her courage that she never had before.
This seems like such an interesting read, so I can't wait to see if it really is as good as it sounds! But, because it's Sophie Kinsella, my favourite author, I expect it will be!

Eleanor & Park

I've read 'Fangirl' by Rainbow Rowell and completely loved it! But this is the book by her that has the most positive reviews and is the most talked-about, so I bought it on a whim. It's a love story more than anything else, and I don't have that much detail about it, but it looks like it'll be a really great read!

The Vampire Diaries

I bought this book last August and, like all the others, have yet to read it! However, I love the Vampire Diaries TV series so much, so I hope I'll love the book! The only other Vampire books I've read has been the Twilight series, so I hope that this is as good as that!

I've Got Your Number

I've read this before and loved it. so I've decided that I'm gonna read it again this year! It's about a girl called Poppy who finds a phone that doesn't belong to her, and decides that she'll keep it! However, the owner of the phone wants it back, and will do whatever it takes to get it! This is a really great books that I'd completely recommend to anyone, and I can't wait to read it again!

Where She Went

This is another book that I've had since August and haven't had the chance to read yet. This is the sequel to 'If I Stay', and that film was amazing, so I'm hoping this book will be too! It's been  years since Mia walked out of Adam's life, so when they cross paths, it's a life-changing experience! I can't wait to see how Mia's story continues!

Shopaholic to the Rescue

This is the latest shopaholic book! It's the last on this list because I haven't finished the penultimate one yet, but this looks like a great installment and I can't wait to read it!

The Complete GRIMM'S Fairy Tales







This is a bonus - it isn't in my summer reading list, but I wanted to show it off because I love it so much! It's such a beautiful book inside and out, with great illustrations and classic stories! I can't wait to read more of this!

I've also pre-ordered Giovanna Fletcher's next novel 'Always With Love' and Carrie Hope Fletcher's first fiction novel 'On The Other Side' so I expect I'll put my reading list on hold to read these two as soon as they come out!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Hiya!!
    I need to get my summer reading list sorted too! I had no idea what to read but I think some of these books sound really interesting. I really want to read Finding Audrey especially. Make sure to let me know what you think of them! :)
    Lauren x
    laurelella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll review them all once I finish them! xx

      Delete
  2. I've read Where She Went already- it is such an amazing book! All the other books on this list look great too, so I'll definitely be looking some of them up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'