What I Learned From Guest Week!


Hey Guys x

If you don't know, in April I did something called 'Guest Week', where I allowed 14 bloggers to take over my blog for 14 days to post about anything they wanted!

And yes, I know that this is technically 'Guest Fortnight' but let's ignore that!

While doing Guest Week, there was so much that I learned, so I thought that I'd share some of these things with you, in case you want to do something like this yourself in the future!

I hope you enjoy reading this post!

What I learned from Guest Week!

Don't underestimate how many bloggers want to be involved

This was something that I did completely wrong! I didn't think that anybody would want to do it, which put me off doing it for so long. This was an idea that I originally had last year, and it took me until March to work up the courage to do something about it! And even then, so many more people were interested than I first thought, which was a pleasant surprise!

Don't underestimate how much work you have to do
Another thing I got wrong. I was getting other people to write posts for me, so I thought that I'd basically have two weeks to relax and let them take over. How wrong I was! I had to do so much in the way of originally contacting people, receiving posts from them, organizing the dates and times of the posts, organizing the subjects of the posts, worrying if someone hadn't given me something in time, finding pictures that would fit with the subject of the post, making sure that they were completely happy with everything, and physically putting the posts up and promoting them so that everyone got the views they deserved. It was very stressful, but luckily I had 14 amazing people who were more than willing to make sure that Guest Week was amazing!

Check your emails at all times!
Yep, this is something that needs to be done. People are sending me things from all over the world, from the UK, to America, to New Zealand, and everyone runs on different time zones I sometimes found myself waking up in the middle of the night just to check my emails so that I didn't leave it too long before I replied!

It's OK to say no to brands
As I said, I was really busy with the posts during Guest Week - so naturally this was the time when all these brands wanted to contact me. I've lost count of the amount of times that I'd sent out an email along the lines of: 'I'm actually really busy at the moment, but if I could get back to you in a few weeks that would be great' and getting no response because some brands don't care unless you can do what they want exactly when they want it! But as we all know, that's not the way that the world works!

Bloggers are the nicest people ever!
This is so true! Every single blogger that I connected with for Guest Week was so amazingly supportive and nice. Their posts were amazing and they were so willing to help and so grateful that I'd even decided to do this, which is awesome! It definitely made me want to work with so many more bloggers in the future, because my experience this time around was so pleasant!

Everyone has diverse passions
This really surprised me. To be honest, I worried about having 14 posts that were identical because everyone would want to write about the same thing, but everyone brought something completely different to the table and wrote an amazing post that I'd actually have read and enjoyed if they were on their own blogs rather than mine!

This is something to look back on
And last but not least, I am so happy that I did it, because it's something that I can remember for years to come and think - look what came from this little idea! And I'd love to think that the bloggers involved could look back on their post on my blog and feel happy or proud that they were a part of something really special and important to me!

You can read all of the amazing Guest Week posts by clicking here!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below your favourite post of Guest Week!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Awesome post Lou! Your blog is amazing. :) I've reviewed a book over on my blog and I wondered if you would have a look? laurelella.blogspot.com Thanks! Have a wonderful day.
    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll definitely check out your post xx

      Delete
  2. OMG!! what an amazing blog post !! I also love the design <3 I love blogs like this :D

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion