My First Make-Up Attempt!

 
Hey guys x
 
If you know a lot about me (which a lot of you do by now!) then you'll know that I don't wear make-up.
 
However, for my birthday, I got the set above so that I could play around with it and see what I liked.
 
But because I'm in college in weekdays, I don't really want to experiment before school, and I don't really want to go out with my face looking like an experiment!
 
However, as I've been watching more make-up tutorials on YouTube, I thought that I would give it a try!
 
However, I didn't want to go anywhere where a lot of people would see me, but I did want to go out.
 
So I found the perfect opportunity: A driving lesson!
 
As I would be in the car, no one outside would be able to see me if I completely messed my face up, and my instructor doesn't care how I look either way, so I decided this would be the best option.
 
So this morning, I got this make-up down and played around with it.
 
There is only eye-shadow, mascara, eye-liner and blusher in this pack, so this is what I had to work with!
 
I started with my eyebrows:

 
I used the eyeliner pencil from the box because there was nothing there for my eyebrows. I literally just drew the outline of how I wanted them to look and then filled them in. I was really pleased with how they turned out, and I liked the darker colour that was given. Because my eyebrows (and hair) are a really dark brown, so they look black, but the black pencil really made them stand out!

The I worked on my eyes, first with mascara:




I used the mascara that came in the pack. I've messed around with mascara a few times, and I don't think I did a particularly good job this time, but as I wear glasses, I didn't think it would be noticeable!

Then I did eye-shadow:



I started off by doing the base with the grey colour above. I was going to do black, but I thought  that it would be a bit too dark. So then, I used the glitters purple and blended them together to achieve the look that I have above.


I also used this blusher, but I didn't see a point in taking a picture of it. You could only see it really close up, from a distance, it just made my skin look lighter, but I liked the effect.

And finally, for my lips, I just used the pink Vaseline that you can buy, but I don't have a picture because I forgot to take one! I love it because it makes my lips look shiny and moist, while giving them a pink twinge!

Anyway, this was my first attempt. I'll probably do many more in the future! Feel free to give me tips in the comments, I need as many as I can get!

Thank you for reading

Comment below when you first tried make-up!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I first tried makeup when I was 11, I was awful at first I admit. But I learnt in time- and for a first attempt that is pretty impressive. Despite what you learn off YouTube, as you wear it more and more you will learn different techniques to suit you and how you like your makeup. Good luck and enjoy your makeup journey!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shades look amazing with your skintone :)
    xx noirbeanie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe check out my blog and I could give you a few tips. Check it out and comment on mine if you want anything x PS. You picked some great colours

    ellacrabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learning of youtube is a great way to start. You did your makeup really well, I loved the way you did your eyeshadow xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion