Girl Talk: Clothes Don't Define Us

 
Hey Guys x
 
'Girl Talk's' are back!
 
I haven't done a 'Girl Talk' post since last year, which is crazy! But recently a lot of people have commented that they really liked them, so I thought I would kind of bring them back on a trial basis.
 
I'm only ever going to do them if I have an idea that I want to write about, as with all of my posts. But when I used to 'Girl Talk' posts, I used to find it really hard to come up with an idea every Friday, and it made writing these posts no fun.
 
But now that I've had a break from writing them, I've come up with some fresh new ideas and I'm happy to finally be getting this one written!
 
Anyway, let me get on with it!
 
I have a problem with clothes.
 
I've never been the type of person to keep up with the latest fashion trends or to buy things just because everyone else says that they're must-haves.
 
But going to a girls school for 7 years now has really allowed me to see the different ways that clothes affect people.
 
For example, people are judged a lot on what they wear.
 
Not like me personally, but I've noticed that whenever someone doesn't like someone else, they tend to make a comment about what they're wearing as well. Such as 'Have you seen her shoes?' or 'Why is she wearing that?'
 
This annoys me.
 
Obviously girls gossip and bitch about each other. I do this, we all do this, we can't deny it.
 
Also, if you don't like someone, it's kind of customary to talk about them to your close friends, just because you don't like them for some reason, which, in my opinion, isn't 100% ok but we all need to vent, and as long as it's not malicious, it's fine.
 
What's not fine, however, is to make people feel bad because of the way that they're dressed or the way that they look.
 
Our clothes and what we wear should not define who we are or how we're treated.
 
Not wearing dresses doesn't make you a 'tomboy' and wearing dresses doesn't make you 'girly'. I mean, it can, but if it doesn't, that's fine.
 
If you're a tomboy that sometimes wears dresses, that's fine. If you're girly but like to wear khaki trousers and combat boots, this is fine.
 
Wear what you want to wear, not what other people think you should wear.
 
I could go on about this, but I really have to restrict myself because I don't want to ramble too much!
 
Thank you for reading
 
If you want me to continue doing 'Girl Talk' posts, please let me know!
 
Comment below your dress style! Mine is comfortable/girly
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx
 
 

Comments

  1. I love this! It's soo cute and true - well said.
    ~basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy these types of posts. I totally agree and I think the world would be a much better place if we just allowed each other to wear whatever we want xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome- it's so true and I'm glad that you're talking about this ^.^ I used to be super cautious about everything I wore but now, I just don't care anymore... I was absolutely petrified to wear dungarees and puffy dresses and slightly out-there coats but I don't give one anymore- fashion's fun and people shouldn't judge others for what they wear

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dress sense is... everything haha, one day I'll be punk rock and the next I'll be all flowers and pastel haha. I'm so glad that you brought up this subject! We all need a little reminder sometimes!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true that a lot of people are rude and comment about others appearance. I too tend to change my style. I like to see what's trending but am not a big fashion addict. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!
    http://splashofoutlook.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/favourite-skin-care-products.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'