High Friendship Expectations


Hey Guys x

I have high friendship expectations.

I think this is because of how much I read. When you read a book, the friendships are great! The friends drive around to see each other at all hours of the night, cross countries to be with each other and everything!

Have you read 'Paper Towns'? Because the amount of stuff that Q does for Margot is incredible! I mean, he does everything he can to find her and bring her home even though (SPOILER ALERT) she never wanted to be found in the first place!

But let me tell you something - this would NEVER happen in real life!!

First of all, if you could cross the country without telling your parents, teach me your ways because mine would be calling me every 5 seconds and demanding to know where I am all the time!

Second of all, Margot was the most annoying, selfish person in the world! If you deserve good things, you'll have good friends who make good things happen for you, as well as you making good things happen for yourself.

The thing that I've found is that, if you're friends with someone, you're friends with them for a reason, and that reason should have nothing to do with them doing stuff for you.

With most of my friends right now, whether they did things for me or not, I'd love them the same way that I do now. If you're only friends with someone because of what they can do for you, then you're not really friends with them.

Listen, I don't really know where I'm going with this, I'm probably going nowhere so I'll end this here. My main point was that, books and movies lead me to have high expectations of my friendships, but to be honest, those things never happen in real life and I don't expect too much from my friends anyway. Anything I get is a bonus to the friendship.

Thank you for reading

Comment below what book/movie gave you high friendship expectations

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I loved reading this post because I've read Paper Towns so I felt like the post really made me think more about the book!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

If I Stay | Film Review