November Favourites! | 2016

Hey Guys x

It's time for another Favourites post! I have too many things that I want to talk about this month and I really hope that you fall in love with the things that I've been loving this month!

As always, leave your own favourites in the comments so that I can check them out!

Favourite Movie: Hell or High Water
Image result for hell or high water poster

Yes, my Chris Pine obsession continues greatly, but I have to say that I'd love this film whether he was in it or not. This film is about two brothers who rob banks so that their mother's ranch doesn't go into foreclosure. I could not describe it to be as amazing as it was, but it is such a good film. It's set up like a Western but it is so much more than that. It's dramatic, emotional, funny, it has everything that a good film needs and left me crying at the end - definitely a contender for a 2017 Oscar nomination! Watch this if you haven't because amazing isn't even a good enough word to describe it!

Favourite TV Show: How To Get Away With Murder
Image result for how to get away with murder

My best friend is basically obsessed with this show, so when she was here one evening, we started watching it. Then when she slept over 2 weeks ago, we watched it until like 1 in the morning and I have to admit, it's a really really good show! I'm still on season 1 but it's about a group of law students and their teacher/tutor. They find ways to win court cases, to solve problems and to get away with murder! Definitely watch a few episodes of this and become hooked like I am!

Favourite Song (1): Someday Came Today

I already spoke about this in my November playlist, so I won't go into it again, but this video in particular I love. You may not love it if you don't love Chris Pine, but this is actually the video that made me fall in love with him and made me go and buy all of his movies. it's edited really well, the song goes perfectly with the clips and I just love everything about it!

Favourite Song (2): Sledgehammer

This is a song from the soundtrack of Star Trek Beyond and I love it! When I watched Star Trek Beyond for the first time I cried when it finished (for lots of reasons - particularly because of the two actors that have died recently, Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin) and this song started playing, and it just felt so amazing and empowering, and I cried all the way through it! But then I listened to it again and realised that, even without the movie, this is a really good song and Rihanna sounds so good on the track! It's perfect for the film and perfect anyway!

Favourite YouTuber: Hazel Hayes
Image result for hazel hayes 2016

Hazel Hayes inspires me in so many ways - she's one of the main reasons that I love films so much, and why I'm passionate about my writing and other hobbies. She's an amazing filmmaker and I can't wait to see all the things that she's currently working on that she hasn't released yet! She also made an animation recently, but I won't link it here because I'm talking about it later in the post too. But Hazel is an inspiration and I just love everything she does.

Favourite Game: Sims 3
Image result for sims 3

I have been back on Sims 3 this week. I have most of the expansion packs, so the game is so much fun, you can do so much! My current sim is working as a daycare worker until she can earn enough money to quit that job and fulfil her lifelong dream of being a singing sensation. When I say it's realistic, I really mean it! When you're a singer, you can perform in packed-out arenas and you have fans who ask you for autographs, but there are so many other professions and careers that you can play with, you'll never be bored!

Favourite Celebrity: Star Trek Beyond Cast
Image result for star trek beyond cast

I'm gonna try and get through this without mentioning Chris Pine - wish me luck! As you know, I'm obsessed with Star Trek at the moment, and this is one of the most fun casts I've ever watched, so much so that even watching the movie bloopers or their behind the scenes interviews are just so much fun! You can tell that they're genuinely friends and that they work well together. I can't pick a favourite cast member because they're all amazing, but obviously I have to give Anton Yelchin another quick mention because I feel like everything is going to change now that he's gone, and it really hurts me to think about how young he was, and that he was absolutely taken from the world too soon - I'm sure they all miss him unimaginably, as do the fans.

Favourite YouTube Video: Happy

This is the Hazel Hayes animation that I mentioned earlier. As someone who struggles to find their Happy every now and then, this was such a great thing to watch. The animation itself is just so cute, but the words that Hazel wrote to accompany them are so poignant and definitely have their place in the world at the moment. I only hope to become as talented a writer as her one day. Watch this if you're someone that struggles to find day-to-day happiness.

Random Favourites

Horror Stories
I've been reading a lot of little horror stories lately and I just find them entertaining. I've also had to write 2 of my own. One for a submission for my creative writing class, and another for something that I can't talk about yet, but if it happens, you'll definitely see it because I'll do a huge blog post about it (and it's looking like it will happen which is really exciting!), but yeah, I love to read horror stories! Buzzfeed did an article called 'Horror Stories in 2 sentences' or something, and I loved them even though they did definitely scare me! I love the fact that the tension that you see in movies can be brought forward in words, and it's something that I'd really like to accomplish.

Wattpad
Image result for wattpad logo

No, I'm not using this for self promo, as I usually do! I think wattpad is such a great platform for story tellers. Whether you write fanfiction, or any other type of story, it's a great way to get your writing out there and to get feedback on it. The same way I feel about blog comments is how I feel about wattpad comments - it's really nice to have someone say that they love something you do, the way that you do it. It's the biggest compliment you can get. If you have a story that you want to get out there quickly, try wattpad!

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your own November Favourites!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I love how to get away with murder, I'm on season 3 and it's just wonderful. Hazel is one of my favourite people on YouTube, that animation was so good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get that far into it! xx

      Delete
  2. I'd never heard of Wattpad but it looks great - thanks so much! My November favourites are up on my blog - new blogger so I'd love to know what you think! Rachel x
    www.rachellouisesays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check out your blog xx

      Delete
  3. There was a time when I was OBSESSED with Wattpad. Unfortunately I had to delete it from my phone because it was stopping me from reading actual books that I need to read for school!
    Aleehax xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I completely get where you're coming from! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'