Room | Film Review



Hey Guys x

The first thing I want to say about this is that, for most of England (I'm not sure about the rest of the UK) this film is still in cinemas, so go and see it if you haven't!

I watched this on Friday evening with a friend. At first, we were gonna go and see Deadpool (which I still really want to see!) but the times were too awkward, so we saw this instead and I am honestly so glad because, if I hadn't gone with her, I probably wouldn't have seen this.

This film is about a mother and son who have been held captive in a room. The mother had been in the room for 7 years and the boy was 5, so he had never before experienced the outside world. His mother Joy (known as 'Ma') had told him (Jack) that 'Room' was the world, and that everything else was TV or made up, including things such as dogs and cats. However, just after Jack turns 5, Joy decides that she's had enough, and she wants to get herself and her son out of that room and away from their captor - at whatever cost!

I thought this film was incredible. Completely incredible! I thought the idea was so original (it's based on a book of the same name), and I was not surprised after seeing it that Brie Larson who plays 'Ma' won an Oscar for it, she completely deserved it! However, I have to say that the star of the film was most definitely Jacob Tremblay who plays Jack. He's the best child actor I've ever seen and I hope I see him in many more films because he's incredible! For not one minute did I think I was just watching a film, I was living with these people.

What I have to say, without giving anything away, is that I really enjoyed the first half of the film more than the second half. That's not to say that the second half wasn't really amazing, or incredibly necessary to the development of the story, but for me, the things that happen in the first half really tugged at my heartstrings, whereas with the second half, it felt like it could have ended at any time, and I found myself checking my phone to see the time quite a bit. Again, I didn't not enjoy it, I just felt that the first half was better.

I would really encourage anyone to see this film. It's completely amazing and it really makes you value what you have in life. But more than that, you need to appreciate the amazing actors and actresses that make this film what it is. It really strikes me is that this film is so amazing while taking place in such an enclosed space. You really feel like you're living in the room with them.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below whether or not you'll watch Room!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I hadn't even heard of this film until now! I'm definitely going to have to watch this now
    Elise | i-cant-think-help.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! Let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks to your review I really want to watch it and I've just watched the trailer it seems amazing!

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting film. Will try and catch it when it comes to Sky Movies. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'