No Country for Old Men | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

I watched this film for the first time last year and really liked it, so I was happy to see that it was included on the Bucket List.

It's such an interesting story, but ultimately what makes it interesting is the characters.

Javier Bardem plays such an iconic villain! Even before I'd seen the film, I had seen the image of him in this film because the character is almost bigger than the movie.

But in addition to him is an amazing cast that includes Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones and Woody Harrelson, who all play their roles amazingly well.

Another thing about the film is the way it transcends genre. I'm not usually a fan of Westerns, but in a film like this, you're not even thinking about the genre. From the second it starts, you're truly engrossed.

I'll admit I was a bit surprised to see the film on the List, because it's not one I often hear about when classic movies are discussed, but it absolutely deserves its place!

If you haven't seen this movie before, watch it!



Comments

Popular Posts

The Mouse Trap | Film Review

Apocalypse Now | 100 Movies Bucket List

Speak No Evil | Film Review

July Favourites | 2019

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review