The First Omen | Film Review

When a woman moves to Rome to begin life as a nun, she uncovers a terrifying conspiracy that makes her start to question her faith.

This film wasn't particularly high on my 'to watch' list. I like the original Omen movies, but not enough to be excited by the previous remake or this prequel.

This was okay, but as expected, I didn't really love it. It was better than the remake, but not better than the original.

For a start, I am so tired of horror movies about nuns and/or set in convents. I feel like I've seen so many of them in the last couple of years and they have become a genre that immediately puts me off.

A lot of the first half of the film felt completely unnecessary when it comes to moving the story forward - some of it could have been cut out to bring down the running time. There's no reason this film needed to be 2 hours long.

I never really cared about any of the characters, and found that there wasn't really anyone to root for. I was never invested in them, and because of that, when things started happening, I was neither scared for them, not particularly interested.

I really liked the connection between this film and the original movies, but because I was a bit bored by the first half of the film, the impact of this connection didn't hit as hard as it could have.

It was a bit predictable in places, though this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Overall, this wasn't an objectively bad movie, but I felt like I'd seen it all before and ended up feeling a bit bored with it, so it wasn't really for me.

4/10


Comments

Popular Posts

The Mouse Trap | Film Review

Apocalypse Now | 100 Movies Bucket List

Speak No Evil | Film Review

July Favourites | 2019

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review