3 Month Favourites | April - June 2022

It's been a while since my last Favourites post, and I've accumulated quite a few things to mention in the last three months!

Favourite Movie (1): Brittany Runs a Marathon


I didn't expect to like this film as much as I did. I liked the concept, but thought that it would be a bit predictable and not that interesting to watch, so I was really pleasantly surprised. It's about a woman who, in an effort to get healthier and improve her life, decides to run the New York City marathon. Definitely worth a watch!

Favourite Movie (2): Halftime

I'm not a huge documentary fan, but I decided to watch JLO's Halftime documentary, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I enjoyed seeing a glimpse into her world, and her preparation for the superbowl halftime show. But more than that, I was really into the Oscars the year that JLO was in the conversation of being nominated for her role in Hustlers, so it was really interesting to see those conversations from her point of view.

Favourite Film (3): The Bubble


I reviewed this film HERE, and despite seeing all of the negative reviews before watching it, I loved it, and definitely want to watch it again to see if it holds up.

Favourite TV Show (1): The Mandalorian


It took me a long time to decide to watch this show. At the time I was going through Pedro Pascal's filmography, and when I finished Narcos I needed something else to watch. I like Star Wars, but I'm not a massive fan, so I didn't know if I would like the show, and knew that I would feel obligated to finish it if I started. But I'm so glad that I decided to start it because, from the first episode, I fell completely in love with the story, watched the two seasons (and 'The Book of Boba Fett') as fast as I could, and now I'm anxiously awaiting season 3. Even if you're not really a Star Wars fan, this show is definitely worth watching!

Favourite TV Show (2): Abbott Elementary

I was waiting for this show to come out in the UK for ages, based on the clips that I'd seen on social media, so when it finally did I was so excited to see it. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I am absolutely loving it! Think 'The Office', but set in a school - hilarious.

Favourite TV Show (3): Moon Knight

I was addicted to this show when it was on. I haven't gotten into a lot of the MCU shows, but I took an instant liking to this one. I liked how different it felt, how unique the characters were. And Oscar Isaac was absolutely fantastic in the role(s) that he played. This is definitely up there as one of my favourite Marvel shows!

Favourite Show (4): Heartstopper


I reviewed this show HERE, and I really loved it. It was huge at the time of coming out, so you've probably already heard about it, but if not, it's definitely worth a watch!

Favourite Song (1): Fire Meet Gasoline

The music video for this song was part of my Pedro Pascal 'filmography' tour, but after watching it, I found that I fell in love with the song itself. I've since added it to various Spotify playlists and haven't stopped listening to it.

Favourite Song (2): Tiny Riot

Sam Ryder has been everywhere since Eurovision, and while his Eurovision song has been really popular, this is my favourite of his songs. Worth a listen if you haven't heard it yet!

Favourite Actor: Pedro Pascal

As stated multiple times, I was going through Pedro's filmography during the last three months, and I found so many things to fall in love with, including The Mandalorian, which is my biggest love of the last three months. He's an amazing actor, and I can't wait to see what comes next from him.

And those are my April - June favourites. Let me know what you've been loving lately!

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'