Book Review #103: The Curfew by T. M. Logan

T.M. Logan has become one of my absolute favourite authors, so far that I pre-ordered this book, and the book before this, because I know there's a good chance that I will love what he writes. I'll also be pre-ordering his next one.

When Connor goes into the woods with four friends and misses his curfew, the lives of five families are changed forever. Because five friends entered the woods, but only four came home.

I liked the premise of this one more than I enjoyed the actual story.

Logan always comes comes up with an interesting premise, and I always want to read his stories.

My favourite thing about reading Logan's novel's is his writing style. It has become familiar, and makes his books easy to read.

Even when everything was up in the air, the story itself was interesting, and you want to know how it ends.

I enjoyed all of the characters, though the voices of the teenagers involved could, at times, feel a bit unrealistic.

For me, this was quite a long book, and it is full of things that didn't really need to be there to tell this story. It takes such a long time for anything substantial to happen that I started to not care about what the outcome would be.

I never felt the amount of tension that I needed to feel. I was never really worried for the characters, despite there being a plethora of ways that the story could have ended. 

New ideas and theories kept being introduced without the old theories being dealt with, to the point where I forgot what some of the older theories were.

And lastly, I mostly guessed the ending. But because each character was held in suspicion, there weren't any real surprises.

Overall, this is definitely an anomaly. I usually love Logan's books, and will be buying his next. This one just fell a bit flat for me.

2/5



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review