Inner Beauty

 Quotesgram.com

Hey Guys x

I watched a film last night called 'Shallow Hal', and immediately decided that I wanted to write a post about it because it touched me so much.



In this film, the main character Hal, only dates women that fit his standards of beauty. So a hypnotist, hypnotizes him to see inner beauty on the outside. So when he meets Rosemary, he sees her as beautiful Gwyneth Paltrow, and begins to fall in love with everything about her, rather than just the way she looks. However, to everyone else, Rosemary is still beautiful Gwyneth paltrow, but with an added 200+ pounds, making her someone that Hal would never usually go for.

I think that the idea for this film is incredible, because the idea is so simple, but it was made really well and I really enjoyed it.

What I loved the most about the film, or what made me tear up, was that in the film, Rosemary and Hal went to see some children in a hospital. He saw nothing wrong with them and played with them and saw how beautiful they were. However, when he went back later in the film, he saw them for how they really looked, and discovered that all of the children were burns victims with visible facial scars.

This really made me think of inner beauty vs outer beauty.

In life, we make the quickest conclusions about people based on the way that they look, it's just a natural human instinct. But these judgements stop us from meeting, maybe, the most amazing people, and that's really sad.

Like, for example, I saw something that said 'why do girls always think that their best friends are beautiful' - the answer to that is that, our best friends have beautiful hearts and souls, they have beautiful minds which supersede their physical appearances, which I think is much more important anyway. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this and we just want people to think our friends are hot, but nevertheless, I stand by my opinion!

Inner beauty has always been a big thing for me because I feel like I'm much more beautiful inside than out. And I'm fine with that, because I'd much rather that than to be beautiful on the outside and ugly on the inside (although, I'd much rather be beautiful on the outside and the inside but beggars can't be choosers!).

But, having said this, some of the most beautiful people I know on the outside are also beautiful on the inside, so I'm not saying that one necessarily cancels out the other, but that we should look for both, because it's more fun looking for the beauty inside someone than writing them off because you're not impressed with the beauty outside.

Anyway, that was just a bit of a word-vomit about inner beauty.

Thank you for reading!

Comment below your thoughts on inner beauty!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. This sounds like a lovely film, what a great idea! Great post :)

    Alice x
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post, very well written. I'll have to watch this film now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Definitely watch it! xx

      Delete
  3. This film looks amazing, I really want to watch it now! What you said about beauty is so true! I can tell by reading your blog that you have so much inner beauty, one of the greatest things about blogging and reading blogs is that you don't judge people based on their exterior because you hardly ever see it, you love a person based on who they are not what they look like.
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'