How To | Clean Your Make-up Brushes!


Hey Guys x

I don't usually post on a Wednesday, but I have a lot of posts that I'm excited about going up in the next two weeks, and as I cleaned my brushes today, I thought I'd just put this up now!

This is also a weird post because I don't usually do beauty related posts, but I definitely want to start doing more of these this year!

Now, if you've been watching me for a while you'll know that I'm not a make-up expert in the slightest, I only started wearing make-up properly in the last few months.

So this isn't me saying 'this is how you should clean your brushes', but rather 'this is how I clean my brushes', so feel free to leave your own advice and tips in the comments below!

What you'll need:





Brushes
Shampoo
Bowl (filled with warm water)
A hairdryer


First. run each brush under running warm water, before you put anything on it.


Then pour the shampoo (or whatever else you want to use, like hand wash or something) onto the brush. In my experience, the more you use the better, and the cleaner your brushes will be.


 Swirl the brush around in the palm of your hand to get the initial make-up off, before rinsing it under a running tap once again.


Swirl the brush in the bowl of warm water to get rid of the more stubborn make-up clinging to the brush. I refilled the bowl with each new brush so that I could see how much make-up was coming off each time.

Repeat this process until the brush is clean, and with each brush.





You can lay out your brushes and wait for them to dry, but I'm impatient, so I used a hairdryer instead!

And that's it, your brushes are now dry!

Thank you for reading

Comment below your own tips about washing your brushes!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. This post was really helpful, as I've just bought my first brushes, and I was surprised at how dirty they can get so quickly. Will definitely be using this technique!

    Alice x
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Holding Grudges