Perfectly Incomplete



Hey Guys x

Before you start reading, listen to the song below, because it's the theme of this blog post and it's such a beautiful song!


Right now in my life, I feel like the best way to describe how I feel about myself is 'perfectly incomplete'.

I don't really know who I am or what I'm doing yet. In any aspect of my life!

And I try not to let this bother me, mainly because I'm only 18, and the person that I am now will probably completely change by the time I hit my 20s, but it's still a weird feeling, being incomplete.

Because I've just started university, and am meeting so many new people, I have to decide who I want to be perceived as, who I want people to know me as, which is a really weird thing to think about and a really hard decision to make.

For example, because of my choices, the people in my creative writing class know more about me than people that I've spent the last 7 years with, and that is such a weird thing to think about.

One of the lines in the song above that really resonates with me is: "I still fall on my face sometimes, and I can't colour inside the lines" because this feels like me in my life now. I'm making mistakes, which is what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm not great at doing anything, but I'm working out what exactly I am good at, and that'll take time, but it's so much fun!

At this point, I don't have to have a strict idea of who I am or what I want to do. I just have to have fun trying to work it out. And when I become overwhelmed and stressed, which is often, this thought is something that comforts me, so I thought I'd share it with you!

Thank you for reading

Comment below how 'complete' you are!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Cute song, it was still playing at this (but browesr messed up, tut). Anyway, for complete is my style of design, it's not seen as pro, but i like it, plus been taught to do it uniquely, lolls. Take care. And as always, great post. Sorry if misunderstood, but all could be helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post Lou! I currently am feeling the same way. But you're right! There is still so much time for us to discover who we are. And the great thing about that is that everyday we keep growing. We learn from new experiences, we meet new people, and we face new obstacles all which help us grow and develop our character. I loved the song choice :) I think it fits so perfectly <3 I hope you continue to have fun and learn a lot at University.

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post !!! you still got loads of time ! hope it works out for you :D

    keep up the good work :d

    new video would love your thoughts

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCxVwF7aarY

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic post and I really love the message behind it. I'm absolutely obsessed with this song too! I hope you get to be yourself at university xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review