What's In My Bag | First Week At Uni


Hey Guys x

As some of you may know, I started university this week, but I'll give you more details when I write a proper post about my first week (which will probably go up on Sunday so look out for it!).

And I thought that this would be a good time to do a 'What's in my bag' post, so then later on in the year, I can compare and see what's changed!




I'm using the same bag that I used in my last 'What's in my bag' post, which you can see here, so I'm not going to talk about the bag itself much in this post, but I will say that it's great for uni because it's so big that I can have a lot of things in it at one time, I think I could even fit a laptop in it if I needed to!




My phone is also the same as the last post. It's obviously an everyday essential, and I have changed my background to 'The Avengers' because I'm obsessed with it right now!



Coming with my phone is my EE portable charger, which is a lifesaver when I have a long day away from home, because I don't need any extra plugs, and I don't have to spend time looking for plug sockets!


Next essentials are my oyster card and student ID card, which I have to have on me at all times so that I can actually get to uni and actually enter most of the buildings!



Especially for lectures, a notebook is extremely essential, unless you're using a laptop to make notes. Personally, I like using a notebook and pen because I just find it easier. I'd also suggest having a separate notebook for each module of your course, just to make things easier and more organised.



My purse, which I got from my aunt a few years ago, is again essential, for obvious reasons.


PENS! For the first week especially, everyone comes full with pens and pencils, because no one wants to be the person who shows up on the first day of uni without a pen! But I assume, soon, no one will have a pen on them, let alone more than one!




And finally, the books that I'm studying, or two of them anyway! One thing to know about doing an English degree, if you don't enjoy reading, don't even bother! Because honestly, you can't get away from it!

Anyway, that is all the things that I have in my bag for my first week of university!

Thank you for reading

Comment below something essential that you keep in your bag!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I LOVE that bag! I am always on the hunt for a nice big bag to carry my day to day stuff in and that color is gorgeous. Great post! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile... I'm currently drafting out a post about how you know you're on a campus in the first month of term ... and one of my factors is 'the students are carrying bags, and notebooks and pens'!!

    Because, in my experience [I support students with disabilities on campus] not everyone bothers with such vital things after the first few weeks!

    And speaking as an English graduate myself ... I agree with the point that you have to enjoy reading!

    Wishing you a great start to your university career.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment, I completely agree! After people get comfortable, vital things go out of the window! xx

      Delete
  3. Loved this post :) I'll have my first day on tuesday, and will definitely take a notebook, phone, and my pencil case with me! xx

    blogjustabubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they are definitely essentials! xx

      Delete
  4. Earphones and hand gel is essential to me! (I had an incident with chewing gum and ever since have carried a little bottle just in case it happens again!).

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog! | September Playlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd love to hear about this incident! And yes, definitely earphones! xx

      Delete
  5. Just to let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my most recent post to find out more :)

    Girl Abroad
    http://girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'll definitely check it out! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review