The Other Zoey | Film Review

 

I was looking forward to seeing this film. The concept looked unrealistic and a bit stupid, but also fun and light. Plus, maybe because Josephine Langford was in it, but the trailer definitely gave me light 'After' vibes.

Zoey (Josephine Langford) doesn't believe in the traditional view of love and thinks romantic love relies on compatibility. But everything changes when she is at the scene of an accident, where a boy develops amnesia and mistakenly believes she is his girlfriend.

This was exactly what I thought it would be. Fun, light, and very unrealistic.

The film begins by making fun of predictable rom-coms. Which would be fun, except it also feels exactly like the predictable rom-coms it's making fun of. And while that may have been the point, it would have been nice to see a bit more originality.

As unrealistic, and at times stupid, as it felt, it was also very entertaining.

I never felt like I really knew any of the characters, other than Zoey's love of science and coding.

Zoey is an unlikeable character, and also at times just a terrible person. Can they please make a film about her best friend Elle (Mallori Johnson) instead?

Once everything was revealed I no longer cared about the story. And while the ending was generic and boring, I will say that the 5-second clip at the very end was one of the best parts of the entire movie, and definitely made me like the final couple.

Overall, this is what you think it will be, but I still had a good time watching it!

4/10




Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List