Sick | Film Review

I had never heard of this film before it came out on the Sky Premiere channel, but it was a new horror, so of course I was going to watch it!

While quarantining during the pandemic, Parker (Gideon Adlon) and her best friend Miri (Beth Million) are threatened by a mysterious assailant.

I liked this film. It wasn't amazing, and I definitely had problems with it, but it was a successful slasher.

The first death scene felt odd, but also quite original and modern. It's out of context, so we don't know anything about the characters, but it sets the tone of what the rest of the film is like.

I loved the idea of setting a horror movie in the pandemic, and this film did that in an interesting way.

I found that I never really cared about any of the characters. I liked them enough to be interested in the film, but not enough to be fully invested. I didn't really care what happened to them, so the non-horror elements didn't really have the desired effect.

Other than the pandemic aspect, it is pretty much just a generic slasher. 

The reveal, both the person and the reason, made sense but also felt stupid and a bit pointless. I liked that there was a realistic reason, and that it made sense, but it made everything else that happened seem really extreme.

Overall, this is a fine slasher. It's not particularly original, but still a fun watch.

5/10


 


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List