Pain Hustlers | Film Review

I first heard of this film a while ago, but never really knew what it was about. However it had a few recognisable actors, and looked like it could be interesting.

After losing her job, a single mother (Emily Blunt) begins working at a pharmaceutical company, not knowing the dangerous scheme she has just entered.

I didn't like this movie, for quite a few reasons. One of them being that, having seen this movie a couple of days ago, I still feel like I haven't seen it because I have no idea what it was really about.

The first thing I noticed, which completely took me out of the film, was that the accents were all over the place. It felt like these characters weren't even in the same state, let alone the same movie. At some points it was funny, but in others it was just confusing.

Pharmaceutical sales is a boring topic for a movie if there's nothing else backing it up (like in 'Love & Other Drugs', the pharmaceutical storyline was second to the romance). This film does nothing to make the audience interested in the story.

I also didn't care about any of the characters. Now some of this is clearly intentional, as they are not a particularly likeable set of characters to begin with. But in saying that, I didn't even want bad things to happen to them, I just didn't care. I could have turned the film off halfway through and not thought for a second about how any of them ended up.

The story is basic and a bit bland. Most of the things that happen are things that you expect to happen. It never really felt original.

I feel like this movie wouldn't have been made with lesser-known actors. The story isn't compelling, original or entertaining, and I don't really understand what the point of it was.

Overall, this wasn't one for me, so it isn't one I can recommend. If you want to watch a good movie about pharmaceutical sales, please watch 'Love & Other Drugs'.

2/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List