The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Another first-time watch!

The entire extent of my knowledge about this film is the songs that were covered on Glee. So while the music was familiar, I had no idea what the actual plot was about.

I'm actually a bit disappointed that I didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

For the time that it was made it was funny and progressive, it broke down barriers and was very ahead of its time.

And yet, it was a bit too out there for me, which is strange because I'm sure I've seen weirder films.

And that's not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did have a good time, but I couldn't get completely into it. 

The music was great, and the way that it was used to build the characters was really smart and interesting. In fact, the music was probably the best thing about the film.

But in saying that, the actors were incredible! They all completely gave themselves to their roles, and I couldn't get over how perfect Tim Curry was as Frank-N-Furter - the role was MADE for him!

So yes, there were a lot of things to love about the movie. And even though I don't think it was completely for me, I did have a good time with it.

Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #128: The Dream Home by T. M. Logan

Strange Way of Life | Short Film Review

12 Angry Men | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It | Film Review

Office Space | 100 Movies Bucket List