Evil Dead Rise | Film Review

I don't have a lot of experience with the Evil Dead movies. I've seen one and I didn't really like it that much, which is why I didn't rush to see this one. But when it was released on Netflix, I decided to give it a try.

The reunion of two estranged sisters is interrupted by flesh-possessing demons.

I didn't like this film. I have no idea if that's because I'm not completely familiar with the franchise, but this film definitely wasn't for me.

The opening scene was interesting, but that was pretty much the only thing I enjoyed.

I would love to see a horror movie that's not caused by stupidity and bad decisions, but sadly, this isn't that.

I never cared about any of the characters. So when things started happening, I wasn't particularly invested.

Even with the suspension of disbelief, I didn't believe a single thing that happened. The events were too over the top, and the character's reactions just didn't work for me. I was very aware that I was watching actors pretending to be scared, rather than people who were actually in that situation.

There wasn't a real coherent story beyond the possession. I feel like if the book wasn't included, this wouldn't even need to be an Evil Dead movie, it could just be any possession film.

There was a point where I was actively wishing for all of the characters to die, just so the film could be over.

Overall, this movie wasn't for me. If you're an Evil Dead fan, it will probably be worth watching, but if you're not, I'd say give this one a miss.

2/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List