Acrimony | Film Review

Image result for acrimony movie poster

Hey Guys x

I saw this a few weeks ago and wanted to review it straight away, even though I wasn't completely sure how I felt about it.

The description states that it is about a faithful wife who becomes enraged when she discovers that her husband has been cheating on her.

I say 'the description' because, once you see the movie, you'll know that this isn't particularly accurate to the movie at all, which is another reason why I'm not sure how to feel about it. It was marketed as one thing but completely turned into something else.

The first thing I'll say about the film is that it begins really slowly, and it takes a while for you to get into it. But once you're into it, you're into it. You become invested in the lives of both the husband and wife no matter whose side you're on.

In fact, something that the film does really well is that, you don't really know whose side to be on at first. Both sides did good and bad things. Even though the relationship never felt exactly equal, you could understand a bit why they fell for each other.

About halfway through, you begin to understand what the film is truly about. I don't want to spoil anything, but the idea of a woman getting revenge on her cheating husband isn't what it seems at all in this movie. When you understand that, even more of your time is invested because you want to know how it's going to end.

All the actors and actresses in this movie were amazing, no one can be faulted in any way. I have to give a particular shout-out to Taraji P. Henson who is a phenomenal actress in all of her roles, but in this one she truly shines. If she wasn't playing her character, I don't think the film would be as good as it is.

But as I already said, the film was quite slow, and there were times when some of the aspects got a bit far fetched, which took away from the realism of it.

Overall, I would recommend this film. But take the reported description with a pinch of salt!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review