My Thoughts on Louise 'Quitting' Sprinkle of Glitter


Hey Guys x

Sorry for the oddly-named title, I couldn't think of anything else!

So if you haven't seen the video in the picture above, I'll put it below. There is also a blog post on the same topic that I'll link here!


Now, I'm paraphrasing the video and post, so sorry if everything I say isn't exactly correct.

What I got from this video and blog post was that Louise Pentland doesn't really want to continue to pretend to be something different online from her true self. Not that she's pretending, but 'Sprinkle of Glitter' is her best, clean side, the side that she shows the internet.

But in her real life, she swears and talks about sex and other non-PC stuff, and she wants to be able to talk to her viewers like she's talking to a friend without worrying that her channel won't be as 'popular'. She also doesn't want to be seen as a 'family friendly' channel when that's not who she really is.

I admire Louise so much for this, I mean honestly, my favourite parts of her are the parts that aren't glittery and amazing. I love to see how she deals with being a single parent when Darcy's being a bit difficult, or how upset she is when she's had a bad date.

To be honest, the reason that YouTubers are so popular is because they're supposed to be a bridge between 'normal' people and celebrities, something that we can aspire towards and can actually achieve.

But when people change who they are when there's a camera in front of them aren't really realistic ideals to aspire towards. Especially if all we see is this fake persona.

And I mean, I love to see a make-up tutorial or a haul or something else completely innocent and PC, and YouTube definitely needs this, particularly for the younger generation. But as a 19 year old, I do want to watch people swear and rant and talk about things that I can actually relate to, and I am so so glad and happy that Louise is doing this, because she's definitely been someone that I aspire to anyway!

For me, this works better for different people. For example, with Carrie Hope Fletcher, who I love. She doesn't swear on her channel, and she generally tries to be a happy and upbeat person in her videos, and I love this about her. But with Carrie, her singing and acting are as much of her brand as her channel and personality are, so it's understandable that she wants to brand herself a certain way, and I'd do exactly the same thing.

But for people like Louise, she is her sole brand. And because of this, I think this is exactly the right move to make. Her personality is what makes us love her, and so I completely admire her for wanting to share her full self online.

I'm definitely trying to do this too! I'm trying to write posts that are more from the heart, and if I don't feel like posting one day, I won't. This isn't a for-profit blog, and might never be, so I have nothing to prove to anyone. I blog because I love to blog. I don't have to blog about make-up and clothes with hopes of being popular when this was never my intention in the first place.

I love you Louise, and I can't wait to see the changes to your channel! (Not that she'd ever read this, but you never know!)

Thank you for reading.

What do you think about Louise's changes? Comment below!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that she's started sharing the "real" Louise too. As much as I love the upbeat, clean Louise, I think it started to make her feel like she was forced to be that all the time. I think as "internet content creators" ourselves we can relate to this so much too, and I think it's reassuring to know that we can truly be ourselves, even if it means not being perfect 100% of the time xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I feel like Louise has been changing as a person, but her channel hasn't been and now she's finally realised. You can't stay young just for your viewers!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

April Favourites | 2015