Craving Love


Hey Guys x

Who doesn't want to be loved?

I feel like, whether this is love from friends, family members, or a significant other, everyone wants and needs to have some sort of love in their lives.

And that's completely normal - as Jojo said in the film 'Aquamarine', love is 'the closest thing we have to magic'.

But what's weird to me is that for a lot of people, me included, the love of a significant other is more important than love from anyone else.

As someone who's never been in love, the longer it gets, the more I crave it. The more I crave the first kiss with someone you really like, the butterflies in the stomach feeling, the introducing someone as your boy/girlfriend, the moving in with someone and building a life with someone and thinking about marriage and beyond. I want that so much!

Or, I did.

I've spent a lot of time imagining these scenarios in different ways with different people (and probably turning them into stories!), but lately, something's changed.

Within the last few weeks, I've been trying to pursue some different things and getting some work experience. And I figured out that, when I was trying to do something for myself, I definitely wasn't thinking too much about falling in love.

So for the first time in my life, everything I do isn't about falling in love.

I don't have to wear make-up and nice clothes everywhere I go in case I meet someone who likes the way I look.

I don't have to force myself to go to all these different places in case I meet someone different that I end up falling in love with.

I don't have to do anything that I normally wouldn't to fall in love.

Because I don't care anymore.

It's the first time in my life that I fully believe that whatever happens will happen - and that everything happens for a reason.

To be honest, I don't really know where I'm going with this, but if you're like me and you desperately want to have that love and those experiences - chill out. It'll happen when you least expect it, and it'll be worth it.

Thank you for reading

Comment below whether or not you crave love!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx 

Comments

  1. It's great if you don't care anymore.I'm still trying to learn how to be like that,haha! Anyway,this was a really good post! :3 Keep it up! Hope you have time to check out my blog and maybe we can become friends :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll definitely check out your blog - it would be great for us to be friends xx

      Delete
  2. Only just read this. This what just what I needed to read, think I need to try this myself. We both know I have a habit of craving love. Time to woman up and focus on me. Amazing post xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this helped you - and yes, definitely focus on you! Thanks Chloe xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List