5 Films You Need To Watch | 3

Hey Guys x

I was reading over my old posts and realised that I haven't done a '5 things you need to...' post since January! That's crazy!

So I thought I'd do another one about movies. In particular, these are all movies that either mean something to me, made me feel something, or are a really good representation of their genre.

Please recommend me some films to watch in the comments, I love getting your thoughts and opinions!

The Boy


I love this film! If you can't already tell, it's a horror film. However, I put it in this list mainly because it isn't really scary - I've made so many people who hate horror watch this film and they've all said that they enjoyed it, but weren't majorly scared by it. I think I've spoken about it before, but it's about a woman who takes up a job babysitting a doll. Now, doll horror films are some of my favourites and this one is no exception, especially because of the twist at the end! Definitely give this a watch!

The Five Year Engagement


This is one of my favourite films in the entire world! I love rom-coms anyway, but this one is incredible! It's about a couple who get engaged, but then a variety of things cause them to put off their wedding. I love it because, usually, the rom-coms end with an engagement, but this time, it's where the film begins, which gives it a nice twist. And it also really does put the 'com' into 'rom-com', there are so many funny moments and all the actors and actresses are amazing!

Do You Believe

This film is one of the most powerful films I've ever seen, it's incredible. I've never cried so much watching a film like I cried watching this one. I've only seen it once because I'm not ready for that much emotion again! But it's 12 stories that al interconnect, kind of like Love Actually or something, but with religious undertones. I say undertones because I could still enjoy it and really be touched by it while not being religious, so if you're not, don't worry about that! If there was any film on this list that I could force everyone reading to watch, it would be this one!

Trainwreck

I waited so long to watch this because, to be honest, I didn't have high hopes. I'd watched Amy Shumer's TV show on comedy central, and I didn't find it that funny, so I thought her movie wouldn't be either. However, I was very pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this film! It's about a girl who, basically has commitment issues. This kind of thing has been done many a time before, usually with guys, but this one in particular is just so funny and the actors and actresses did such a good job, I really believed that they were all their characters!

Star Trek

Now, I didn't grow up with Stark Trek, I never understood it, and it never even crossed my mind that it might be something that I'd actually like. However, I watched the Chris Pine 2009 version and I really really enjoyed it! Honestly, I thought it was a really good movie and I'd definitely watch it again. It also made me excited to watch the second, and third (which is currently out in cinema) - overall a good film. If you've been avoiding the Star Trek world like I have, stop avoiding and start watching!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below some of your own film recommendations for me!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. The only film of these I've seen is Star Trek which I love so much. I'll have to have a look at the others x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like really good films!! Especially "The Boy" I will have to have a look. xx If you have chance, could you read my 100th blog post?? It is a big milestone for me. :) laurelella.blogspot.com
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List