Childhood Nostalgia!

Hey Guys x

So, there are a lot of things that I miss about my childhood. So when I was contacted by Invaluable and asked to write a post about some of these items, I jumped at the chance!

'Invaluable' have lots and lots of collectibles and things that will really make you miss your childhood, so after you read this post, definitely check out their website!

But for now, here are some things that I miss from my childhood!

Videos



I really miss videos! I know a lot of people are all about Netflix and watching stuff on the internet. but I will never get tired of having physical copies of things! I mean, even now I collect DVDs. But for me, videos are something that will instantly remind me of being a child, of watching Rugrats of the Simpsons as much as I wanted!

Old Computers

Does anyone else remember these computers? The ones that needed a keyboard and mouse to be attached and that you definitely couldn't take anywhere with you? I miss this! Of course, I am so thankful for laptops and tablets and everything portable, but even so, wouldn't it be nice to go back to when everything was simple?

Books

You know those old books that you find in the deepest corners of the library? They have yellowing pages, fragile paper and a very specific smell? Yeah, those! I love to find these old books (whether I read them or not is a different issue!). I love to see what was popular back when the book was written and compare that with what is popular today because it's so interesting!


Barbie

Barbie! I loved Barbie when I was younger! I loved her cars, her dresses, her talking town house, everything! And then her movies - amazing, I was obsessed. Now, she's changed (and become more diverse, which is awesome!), but I kind of miss the old her.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to check out 'Invaluable'

Comment below some of your favourite childhood items!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Aww this is so sweet! I remember having a box TV and getting super excited with my sister when we found out we were getting a flat screen. How the times have changed haha.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what's happened to the photographs Lou! This is a really lovely post though. I remember getting a flat screen TV and it was literally like Christmas!! I was never keen on barbie but one other thing I noticed over the years that baby dolls have changed a lot. From dressing them up and putting them to bed to now, with babies using potties!
    Lauren xx
    laurelella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I never thought about that, but it's so true - nowadays dolls can do everything! xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I love looking back at lots of things from my childhood just to see how much everything has changed! I remember first being allowed to use our big fat computer and I had the time of my life just playing one game over and over and over.
    I never really played with Barbies (I had a lot of Bratz dolls, though, and only now am I realising quite how weird they were...) but I think it's great now to see the diversity of the Barbie dolls available and the things they do to inspire children to do what they want (rather than just being a pretty sure with an impossible figure)
    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'