Making Your Own Happiness!


Hey Guys x

The above quote is one from the Sex and the City movie. I made a note to do a blog post about this quote ages ago but now, at this point in my life, it feels like a good time to write it.

Charlotte in the show said that, in her relationship, she felt genuinely happy every day. And, whether about relationships or not, like the Samantha character, I was surprised.

How can someone feel happy every day?

And then I spoke to people, and found out that I was the weird one, and that most people can feel happy every day, even if not for a long period of time.

This got me thinking about my own life, more importantly, my own happiness.

There are a lot of things that make me happy. But there are a lot of things that make me feel worried and anxious. And, if I'm honest, my anxiety if the overriding feeling. As in, if I'm feeling anxious about something, then that's the only thing that I can think about.

This post is definitely going to be a bit of a ramble because I don't really know where I'm going from here, but these are thoughts that have been on my mind for a while.

I think, there comes a time in life when we have to start being responsible for our own happiness, regardless of what we 'should' be doing.

An example of this is that, yesterday, I cancelled something that I really should be going to, and was instead at home, writing this blog post. My anxiety went from 80% to 20% and I'm much happier for it. I know that it's not good to shirk responsibilities, but at the same time, mental health and well-being are really important things that need to be focused on as much as work and education in my opinion. There's no point getting a first degree if you then can't work for two years because you're depressed due to not making time to make yourself happy.

For me personally, happiness is literally so simple!

Writing makes me happy, as you probably know by now. But as well as this, watching movies makes me happy, playing sims makes me happy, fantasizing about actors that play superheroes makes me happy, my friends and family make me happy. And this is all happiness that I make for myself. I can sit down and put on a movie and my mood will improve so much!

So I guess I'll end this post with some advice. 

Make your own happiness in the simplest way possible - which is probably easier said than done.

If you're worried or anxious about something, take your mind off it and put on your favourite movie, write a blog post, listen to your favourite song, smile, laugh, tell yourself jokes.

There's always going to be times when we feel like absolute shit, but this should not be the overriding feeling of our lives (if it is, it might be worth talking to someone in a profession that can help, like a doctor or counselor), and sometimes it takes something fun or a break from routine to help us see this.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below something that makes you happy!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. This post was so touching, and thanks for sharing, Lou

    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it difficult to make my own happiness but this post got me thinking about how blogging makes me happy. When I started blogging again after about 3 months, it made me happier than before. Really enjoyed reading this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you started blogging again xx

      Delete
  3. I think that everyone can feel happy at some point in the day. Be it simply having that bar of chocolate or looking at your kids smile... it's trying to focus on those happy moments instead of focusing on the fear and anxiety that's the hard part! I really do love Charlotte's quote though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're exactly right, I completely agree! xx

      Delete
  4. This is super true. Thank you fir sharing, and glad your anxiety went down that much. Its great when that can happen, even of it just happens there and then. Anyway, it is true. I, if I notice or I always thought, to make myself happy, and I'm back to feeling happy each day. For now, I'm getting help from professions, (had enough of this 'sad feeling' that was in my head), and they've helped so much, but it depends on yourself, or someone telling, to seek help now. Truly is. I used to feel happy everyday, and now I feel much happier I did back then to now. Of course has you said, there are going to be times of downtime, but "moping" about won't make happiness come in it. What makes me happy is music, but mostly drawing or reading, too classic or nice movie. Just comedy even. Anyway, long to end, take care and really great post. Hope all this discovery keeps with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you're completely right xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

I love... Bubble Bath Review