My First Amazon Purchases!



Hey Guys x

I'm not really an online shopper.

My mum is so internet cautious that she'd never buy anything online, meaning that I've never bought anything either!

But, since turning 18, it's really been something that I've wanted to do, so the other day, I decided to just go for it (with mum's permission of course!)

I didn't want to get too many items because 1. It was my first time shopping, and 2. It's not like I have that much money to spend frivolously anyway!

So I looked online for over an hour before choosing a few items that I had wanted to buy for a long time.

As well as showing you what I got, this post will also be kind of a review of amazon services.

The first thing I bought was 'Where She Went' by Gayle Forman.



 I need to stop buying books, I already have too many to read! But when I heard that this book was a sequel to 'If I Stay' (which I found out from one of you guys!) I knew I wanted to read it! So when I saw that it was recommended to me on amazon, it seemed like fate! It's about Adam and Mia being brought back together after breaking up (not a spoiler, it says that on the blurb... I didn't know either!) and it looks really interesting so I can't wait to read it!

The next thing I bought was a Harry Potter Time Turner necklace (or a 'Wizardry Gold Hourglass Necklace' but who calls it that?)







(Sorry for the weird lighting!)
The rings have inscriptions on them, which I love! One reads: 'I mark the hours every one nor have I yet outrun the sun' and the other reads: 'My use and value unto you are gauged by what you have to do'. I think it's so beautiful. I wore it out yesterday and I just loved twirling the rings around. I'm in love with this necklace!

And the third thing I bought - Calm by Michael Acton Smith








This is the purchase that I am by far the happiest with! I am so glad I bought this! Rather than focusing on one specific issue in someone's life, it just shows you how to calm your mind. It works to relieve the mind of stress as well as anxiety and other problems. I took pictures of some of my favourite pages so far, but every single page in the book is beautiful on another level, by far the most beautiful thing I've ever owned! And, so far, it works! I tried their guide to 'sleep meditation' last night and had the best sleep of my life!

When I ordered these things, I chose next-day delivery, just because I knew I'd be home all day and I couldn't wait to receive my packages!

They told me that all three items would be coming before 9pm, and they had separated the items to make shipping them out easier, which I was fine with.

The packages came at 4pm, and I was really impressed because I thought they would have come as late as possible.

The books were in the same package and the necklace was in a smaller package, and I was really impressed with the way they came. They looked completely new (better than if I were to buy them at a shop!) and I was just really happy. I can't wait to order from amazon!

I loved it so much, that I decided to become an Amazon Affiliate, which you can also do by clicking on the link.

What this means is that, I now have a sidebar on my blog, filled with my favourite books. If anyone choses to purchase one of these books through my blog, I get a small (very small) percentage of the money. To be honest, I don't really know how it works in detail, and would not have signed up if I couldn't show things that I'm passionate about... i.e. books!

If you're viewing this on a mobile device and can't see the sidebar, it looks like this:


So yeah, you guys can buy books directly from my blog and you can sign up for the programme yourselves!

Also, I didn't buy these products to promote amazon affiliates or amazon itself in any way and I'm not being sponsored to say anything. I literally ordered the products on a whim, and after seeing the great service, decided to sign up for amazon affiliates. That's all there is to it! And in case your wondering, these products weren't given to me, I actually bought them!

Anyway, I wanted to share my experience of shopping using amazon for the first time. It's safe to say that it was a pleasant one!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below what you last bought online!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I love the look of that Calm book! would you recommend?

    Rhianna x

    http://www.rhianna-jayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want the calm book! Wanting it for my holiday but i go tomorrow:( hope i can find it in the airport!!
    http://acelittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can too, it's amazing! Have a good holiday xx

      Delete
  3. Not going to lie I bought that where she went book after I read if I stay, I loved that one but this one I wasn't too keen on
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! When I read it, I'll review it, so you can see if I felt the same way xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

April Favourites | 2015