August Favourites! | 2015

Hey Guys x

Once again, it's time for me to show you the things that I've been loving this month!

As usual, let me know what you've been loving this month in the comments and I hope that some of my favourites for this month become your favourites for next month!

Favourite Film: 21 Jump Street


I am the last person to watch this film! I don't know why I didn't watch it sooner! Anyway, I watched this film for the first time this month and was really surprised by how funny it was! I'm a big Channing Tatum fan anyway, but this film also made me love Jonah Hill, and whoever's idea it was to pair them together... it completely worked!

Favourite TV Show: Agent Carter


This is MARVEL's latest TV series and focuses on the life of Peggy Carter (first seen in 'Captain America: The First Avenger') in the 1940s, balancing being a secret agent and a single woman in the '40s. It is an amazing show! Even if you have no knowledge of Peggy Carter (or anyone in the MARVEL world for that matter) you can still follow the show and really connect with Peggy. And on a totally separate note, how gorgeous is Hayley Atwell who plays her?? Either way, Peggy Carter is definitely one of the most amazing characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I can't wait to see her character develop further!

Favourite Song: Hurt


I've mentioned this song before, and I am still completely obsessed with it. My favourite thing to do is to play this song with the sound turned up as high as it can be, because her voice really makes you feel like you're watching her live, and I love that!

Favourite YouTuber: Tyler Oakley


Throughout the month of August, on his YouTube channel, Tyler does this thing called 'Auguest' where, for every week day in August, he does a collaboration with another YouTuber, and they're always really amazing collabs. I mean, Tyler's really great and funny anyway, but when he's with other YouTubers, it's just on another level!

Favourite Game: Kim Kardashian: Hollywood


I know a lot of people wouldn't give this game a chance, but I am completely obsessed! My sister started playing it and told me to start too, and I haven't stopped since. In a sense, you basically create a character and try to be famous for being famous, and for being friends with Kim, but it's really entertaining and interesting. Plus you get to meet the rest of the Kardashian clan. Trust me, this game can keep you entertained for days!

Favourite Celebrity: Jeremy Renner


I am currently obsessed with Jeremy Renner! Not only do I love him as 'Hawkeye' in the 'Avengers' films, but I recently saw him in 'The Hurt Locker' (Which everyone should watch!) and his performance (as well as Anthony Mackie and Brian Geraghty) was extraordinary! Honestly, it's an amazing film and he's an amazing actor. And I also love Cyber-stalking him, and seeing the pictures that he puts up of and about his daughter, and you can really tell that he's a doting father, which makes me really happy!

Favourite YouTube Video: Nutella Cheesecake

This is a video by Carrie Hope Fletcher. Although I'm probably not going to eat the Nutella Cheesecake ever, the reason that I love this video so much is because of the song that accompanies the baking of the cheesecake. It's an original song and it's Carrie at her best and greatest. Listen to this song because it's completely amazing!

Random Favourites

All I Know Now - Audiobook


I'm not a big fan of audiobooks at all, mainly because I just prefer to literally read a book than to listen to it. However, I bought Carrie's straight away and I'm so glad that I did. She narrates the book herself, so it's like listening to her telling you individually, stories about her life thus far, which I love. But as well as that, there are also special guests on the audiobook, that make it that much more entertaining.

What Would You Do?


This is a show in America that I am absolutely obsessed with! Every episode is on YouTube and I could literally sit and watch them all day because they're all so interesting. The premise of the show is to put actors in different situations and see what the people around them do. Each individual situation is really interesting. Search 'What Would You Do' on youtube and watch some of the episodes, you won't be disappointed!

Louise Pentland: Simply Be Collection!


Louise Pentland, aka Sprinkle Of Glitter, has announced that she has designed a plus-size range of clothes in Simply Be! Her range goes from sizes 12-32 and I think that her pieces look incredible! Honestly, everything I've seen is beautiful and Louise looks beautiful in them. I can't wait to go down to Simply Be and try on some of her outfits!

Thank you for reading

Comment below your own August Favourites!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. The marvel TV show looks amazing I had no idea about it so thanks for posting, I deffo need to check it out! Also the Nutella cheesecake...my mouth is watering just thinking about it haha! Xxx
    Http://www.life-by-Becky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, you should watch it! xx

      Delete
  2. Don't worry I haven't seen 21 jump street yet haha but now I think I might :D I have not heard of most of these things like I didn't know Louise released a clothing line :O What?!?! (I must see it now!) and the What would you do show! :O It sounds amazing! I'm going to go look for them right now!! :D

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, check out her clothing line, it's beautiful! xx

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see agent Carter, it sounds so good. I loved carries book and I think it'd be nice to hear her reading it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! And yes, hearing Carrie read her own book is lovely xx

      Delete
  4. Yes!!! Hurt is such an amazing song but so underrated, Christina's voice is amazing xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List