Learning To Dance In The Rain


Hey Guys x

A thought has been in my mind for the last few weeks, so I decided to write a post about it.

It comes from the phrase below:


Throughout my life, I haven't been the person that dances in the rain, or the person that waits for the storm to pass.
I'm the person that sees the storm, gets out an umbrella, and then puts it down and decides to stay at home long after the storm has already passed. In other words, I'm a pessimist who doesn't really make things happen.

I've been thinking about this a lot. I want to learn to dance in the rain.

I want to be the person who makes things happen for myself - I just don't know how yet.

It's weird, going through daily life, this isn't one of the thoughts that generally come to mind. Rather than thinking about making things happen, we wish and pray for things to happen around us. For example 'Please don't make me miss the train' rather than 'let me wake up 10 minutes earlier to make sure I catch the train'

But I've been thinking about the future a lot. A lot.

And I've kind of realised that, if I don't do anything about it, I'm not going to get where I want in life.

If I want to succeed in university, I'm going to have to work bloody hard to do my very best.

If I want to write a book, I need to write a book. Not wait around for someone to see my blog and decide right then to give me a 2-book deal right on the spot. That's not going to happen.

I'm never going to be world-famous or looked up to in the way that people look up to, for example, Zoella or someone, and that's completely ok with me. In that instance, I think it's completely ok to let the storm pass.

But I could be an author. I could be successful. I could make a difference to someone, anyone, one day.

All I have to do is learn to dance in the rain.

Thank you for reading

Comment below: Do you dance in the rain? Or do you let the storm pass?

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, it was very inspirational :) I loved your way of explaining it with getting up for the train ! I am trying very hard recently to be he person who got up and made things happen for themselves but I didn't quite realise what I was doing until I read this post and I'm now feeling really motivated to get up tomorrow and try even harder :) Thank you for writing this <3

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for commenting! I feel the same way xx

      Delete
  2. first, I love rain in a way to not stop what I do. ive been inspired by that, but interested in rain. but that's another talk. for me, dancing in the rain can be hard some days, but I somehow stick to what I would like to achieve. I honestly would like to tell you, or help how in what ways may help, but everyone had their own preference, learning strategy and ways to do things. so, it can be emotional, etc. to start, we take one step to make another. take care in your discovery. and honestly, I would love to get to see your book in shops, read it and say thank you for succeeding in your greatness. may this words be a step by step, little acceptance each natural goodness you have. you are inspiring. this is your lesson to blessing. take care always, and take little by little. rushing may make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment means so much to me, thank you so much for taking the time to write it xxx

      Delete
  3. I can't even explain how much this post helped me. The past few years of my life I've changed & become more negative. But recently I've realized, and your post kind of solidified my thought, that I need to positive & REACH for the things I want, not just fantasize about them. Your writing style is beautiful, and I know someday you will become an author and get that book deal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! This comment means a lot to me xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List