Baking Tanya Burr's Cookies!



Hey Guys x

First of all, thank you so much to all the people who left comments on my last post, The Future. All of your comments were lovely and inspiring, and they meant so much to me, so thank you!

I have baked cookies before, casually following Tanya's cookie recipe, which you can see here, but I only followed the recipe loosely and, looking back on it, they weren't as good as they could have been.

So this week, I had some friends over and we decided to bake her cookies, strictly following the recipe that is in her book - and they turned out great!

Ingredients

I didn't take pictures of the ingredients because I was distracted by getting everything together and getting all of the equipment, but what you need is:

200g butter
300g caster sugar
1 large egg
325g self raising flour
200g white chocolate
200g milk chocolate

The method

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Start by whisking the butter (at room temp) and the sugar until it's pale and creamy.


Add the egg and mix in. Then gradually add flour (with a sieve if possible) and mix in. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a few drops of milk. If it is too wet, add more flour.


Then break up the chocolate and add it to the mixture. Then shape the mixture into balls using your hands (as big or small as you want, but not too close together as they'll stick together!) and put them on the baking tray. I lined my tray with grease-proof paper but you can just use normal foil.

Tanya says to bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, but I'd say 12-15, just so they're golden brown at the top. After 12 minutes, mine looked a bit pale.

Leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes (Tanya says 25 but I think that they're nice still warm from the oven, so I left mine for about 15)



Then put them on a plate and enjoy!





Some advice: the next day, after the cookies had been in the fridge overnight, I warmed one up in the microwave for 30 seconds and they tasted even better the second time around!

I can't wait to make these again!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below the last thing you baked!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Tan's cookies are my absolute FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post my dear,I really like it!
    xoxox Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious and I need to make them ^-^

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look and sound so delicious!! :D I think I'm going to have to try them out!

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all Tan's recipes, especially this one! Enjoy your cookies :)

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made these the other day! They are amazing :)

    Cylia - http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List