Book Review #37: Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher



Hey Guys x

First of all, I want to say a massive Happy Birthday to my blogging best friend Chloe!!
Go over to her blog and wish her a huge happy birthday right now!

Now, onto the review!

When I got this book, I was so excited to read it! I've read every word that Gi has ever published, so getting this book was a no-brainer!

Now, I saw a lot of reviews before actually reading this book, and everyone always said that it was the best book that she's ever written. But to be honest, I never believed that, thinking that people were just saying that because they're a fan of her. However, I can confirm that this is the best book that Giovanna has ever written!

It is about a girl called Sarah. Her life at 29 isn't exactly where she thought it'd be. Her job isn't progressing, she's not in a relationship (not helped by the fact that she has to spend an uncomfortably long time around her ex boyfriend and his new 'perfect' girlfriend) and she doesn't know what's in store for her. So when she starts having romantic dreams about a boy who she hasn't seen in a decade, she can't help but wonder what weird trick her brain is trying to play on her. Nevertheless, as the dreams progress further, she begins to look forward to falling asleep, safe in the knowledge that 'Dream Brett' would meet her in the land of dreams. However, when a series of events sees 'Dream Brett' appearing in Sarah's real life, she begins to wonder, does anyone really find the person of their dreams?

I LOVE THIS BOOK (and yes, the capitals are needed!)

First of all, this book has such an amazing selection of characters. Sarah is such a relatable character because she's completely normal. A 29 year old single woman who's just trying to make her mother proud of her. I think a lot of people will be able to relate to that.

But even Sarah's group of friends are just completely amazing! Each character is really distinct and special in their own right, and I would honestly read a separate novel about every one of them because they're all such great characters. Even the ones that we're supposed to hate, we end up loving.

And, this has to be said, I completely and utterly fell in unequivocal love with Brett Last. He has gone to the top of my 'book boys I would...' list, he's epic! Both 'Dream Brett' and 'Real Brett' are amazing characters and, mixed with the character of Sarah... it's just amazing!

What was good?
Aside from the characters, what I really found striking about this book, and about Gi as an author, is the fact that she was able to have so many different events happening, and you can still know what's happening and become invested in each individual story. Especially because I'm trying to write a novel myself, this is something that I need to learn how to be able to do, and I really admire Gi for being able to do it!

What was bad?
At first, it was really hard to understand why Sarah made herself spend so much time with her ex boyfriend (which will become clear in the book), and there were a lot of moments where I would have made different decisions than she did.

Overall
I don't care who you are, male or female, a reader or someone who hates books, you need to read this book. As well as all the other amazing things about this book, it will make you believe in romance. And this is coming from someone who has believed since birth. Read this book and you won't be disappointed!

Thank you for reading

Comment below what you think of Gi's books (or if you've never read them!)

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I have just finished this book but I have to disagree...Billy & Me will always be my favourite book by Gi. However, what did you think of the ending?! I turned the page on my kindle and couldn't believe that that was it...I needed to know more! :P

    Esmee x
    ezzlepops.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I really wanted there to be more! I could have read another 50+ pages! xx

      Delete
  2. The book sounds amazing I just have to start reading it. And is it just me or on Adsense did it say you weren't eligible as soon as you pressed the UK? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Um, for me they didn't, it didn't take long to get accepted xx

      Delete
  3. http://www.enriqueiglesias.com/profiles/blogs/survive-the-end-days-pdf-review

    They think they have everything, but do they have the one thing that could mean the difference between life and death after a disaster? A Survival backpack not only says survival disaster, but it also shows you really care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List