My Prom Experience!

Hey Guys x

So, some of you may know that I went to prom on Friday night.

I was in two minds about whether or not to go, so I thought that I'd tell you a bit about how it went.

Photo Link
Photo Link

These pictures are courtesy of google and show the bar area and the dinner area/dancefloor.

We began by waiting for everyone to turn up (there was a lot of traffic!) and then we were ushered into the dining room area to take out pre-assigned seats.

The way that they did this was really cool, because our school allowed one of us to choose where everyone sat, so that people could sit with friends, and the girl who did this did a really good job and I think that most people were happy with who they sat with.

Then it came to eating (and at this point it was about 8.30pm so we were all pretty hungry!

My food was slightly different to people around me (at least at my table) because I'm allergic to dairy, so the hotel/catering company completely took care of that, which was nice.



As soon as the starter was finished (which I didn't take a picture of!), my friend (who I was thankfully sitting next to!) And I rushed to the bar to buy a vodka and coke each (which I had never tried before, but liked!) which was fun as I'd never bought an alcoholic drink before.

The main course was a chicken dish and the desert (for me) was a fruit salad. All of the dairy eaters had a chocolate tart which looked delicious!

The rest of the night was spent by most people on the dance floor and it seemed like everyone had a good time.

To be honest, it wasn't really my thing. I'm not a dancer and would much rather sit and talk to the other people that weren't dancing. But the fact that I overthink means that I was thinking that people were thinking things about me because I wasn't dancing, leaving me with a lot of anxiety.

Having said that, I really liked spending time with people that I might never see again. Four people in particular, I never really thought I would miss, but I actually think I will, which is nice and sad at the same time as I didn't really appreciate it at the time.

And I liked spending time with the friends that I know I'll see again, because they (two in particular) made it a great night and one that I'll never forget, for good and bad reasons!

So overall, I had a nice night. Would I go again? no. I've made my peace with leaving school now and don't think I need to see a lot of the students again, so I wouldn't go if they were to hold another one, say, next week.

However, I'm very glad I went, and I know that I would have regretted it if I didn't end up going.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your thoughts and feelings about prom!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. WOW!! this place looks so fancy!!! I wish my prom had served us dinner but all they had was cake! that I didn't even get a piece of haha. It was still a lot of fun though and after wards my friends and I went to Denny's. Prom was a really good experience and was so glad I ended up going because I wasn't planning to as well. That's so cool that you got to buy your first alcoholic beverage at you prom! :O They had to serve non alcoholic drinks for us haha. Your prom sounds so nice and I'm glad you had a lot of fun :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prom looked great... mine was 6 years ago!! The food you had looks amazing compared to the cold buffet we had back then. I bet no one cared that you didn't dance, I remember at my school they made us learn 'prom dancing' and then when it came to the actual prom hardly anyone got up and danced. Who says you have to dance at prom anyway? I'm glad you made fun memories with your friends though, that's what's important :)

    www.lovewithfirered.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures look so cool. I'm glad that you went because, as you said, you would have regretted it otherwise. The food sounded delicious and the venue looked amazing. I hope you had a really great time and I know the memories from this night will stay with you forever xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, your prom looked amazing and I'm so pleased you had a good time and it was nice reading your point of view on prom. I have mine next year and I'm quite excited but nervous at the same time but it's a nice time to be with everyone for the last time before everyone goes their separate way xx
    caitlynhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm sure yours will be great too xx

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures...

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/a-bit-everything-12652539

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! the food looks lovely! It sounds like you had a great night, even though it wasn't in your comfort zone you still had a good night and that is what counts! Glad you enjoyed yourself

    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that you ended up going - I wasnt sure if I really wanted to go to mine either but I went anyway. Sounds like you had a fun time even so!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you went to yours too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List