Cooking With Lou: Sticky BBQ Chicken


This is something new that I am trying. I cook practically every week and never post what I make. 
 My dad has been teaching me how to cook for at least a few months now, so I thought, why not share some of our recipes on my blog, while testing my minimal photography skills!

Ingredients:

Sunflower oil



Chicken
 
 


 
 
Seasonings (Any you can find)
 


 


 



Mixing the seasonings together beforehand gives the best effect.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sweet BBQ sauce
(Ketchup, Worcester sauce, chilli sauce and honey)
 
 

Method:

1) Wash chicken in salt water

 

2) Fill a pan 1/2 full with oil

Turn hob on and allow the oil to heat up
 

3) Season chicken

Use your hands to thoroughly coat the chicken with the seasonings
 

4) Place seasoned chicken in boiling oil

Leave for 20-25 minutes
 

5) Preheat oven

 

6) Coat chicken in BBQ sauce

 
Make sure each piece is thoroughly coated
 

7) Place in oven. Begin preparing sides.

 
I chose to have chips with mine. If I had been cooking them in the oven, I would have put them in after the chicken had been cooking for 20 minutes, however, as my dad brought his deep fat fryer, this cut the time in half.
 

8) After about 35-40 minutes, take chicken out of the oven

If yours looks anything like this, it's cooked and you've prepared it correctly
 

9) Finish cooking sides and eat!



The finished product
 
 
Thank you for reading!
If you decide to make this, tell me about it in the comments and send me your pictures on twitter: @louleecutie
 
Comment below what you thought of this recipe and whether you'd like to see me do more in the future!

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion