Popularity

Do you want to be popular?


Lots of people want to be popular. We go through school and college envious of the girls that have the latest fashions or the girls that have boyfriends. The dictionary definition of popularity is: the state or condition of being liked, admired, or supported by many people. To be fair, who wouldn't want that?


Being popular and a previous post of mine about bullying seem to go hand in hand. The 'outcasts' in school seem to get bullied by the 'popular' people. This has always been the same. But have you ever noticed, when looking at celebrities, that none of them ever claim to have been popular? In fact, most of them (for example, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus) have actually been bullied. So what makes the popular crew think that their superiority allows them to make other people feel tiny?


What makes someone popular in the first place? I think this is subjective, but personally, I think the thing that makes people popular is the fact that there are people around them who are willing to hang on to every word that they say. These are usually the people who want to be liked, hoping that popularity will soon follow. They flock to the most popular person so that they can be better appreciated in the eyes of someone who seems to be more popular than them.


I'm not saying that wanting to be liked is a bad thing. Everyone, on some level, wants people to like the, me included. However, as much as I want to be liked, I would never change who I am to make people like me. Fakeness fades and people sooner or later see straight through this. They can tell if you're lying about something and they can tell if you don't really believe what you are saying. But one thing about popularity is attracting the right people.

A sure-fire way to be popular, or to ensure that you are comfortable with your level of popularity, is to surround yourself with the people that make you feel incredibly happy and stop you from caring about your social status.

How to attract the right people:


Ok, so maybe this section is titled wrong. This isn't about being popular, this is about getting the right people to come to you.

-Don't be fake : As I said before, people will see right through this, and you may end up being forced to be something that you're not.

-Share interests : You know what you like, if you share these things with other people, then you'll find that the right people will attract you.

-Smile : This is a little step that can go a long way. If people can see your happiness, it is likely to make them feel happiness themselves.

-Know what you want : What kind of friends are you looking for? Are you looking for a best friend, or someone to just hang out with at school?

Thank you for reading.

This post was A LOT more rant-y than several of my previous posts. I hope you liked it, but if you prefer me talking about my 'top 10' things or my Reviews, please let me know.

Please comment below for more things that you would like me to rant about.

Comments

  1. Hey! What you said is totally correct! And I enjoyed reading it! The tips on attracting the right crowd was really helpful! So thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A, thank you so much honey, I'm really glad it helped x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

If I Stay | Film Review