Totally Killer | Film Review

I had no idea what this was about when it came out on Prime Video, but I'm so glad I took a chance on it!

When an infamous killer returns 35 years after their first murder spree, 16-year-old Jamie (Kiernan Shipka) accidentally travels back in time and must team up with her teenage parents to stop the original murders.

I really liked this movie. I liked it instantly.

The concept of the film is great. Yes it's not completely original when compared to films like 'Back to the Future' (which is referenced), but adding the slasher element is what makes it original.

Speaking of BTTF, I absolutely loved the similarities and connection.

The first death scene is great and really sets the tone for the rest of the movie.

It was genuinely quite funny, which I didn't expect.

Slasher films usually rest on their reveals - this had a great reveal. The reasons behind the original and current murders made sense and were somewhat realistic.

I love the characters, and the actors did a great job portraying them.

I also loved the ending, which tied everything together really well, but was also heart-warming and sweet.

Overall, this is a fun, low-stakes, not hugely scary slasher movie, perfect for a low-key Halloween. I definitely recommend it!

7.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List