The Nun II | Film Review

While I absolutely love the Conjuring universe, 'The Nun' was the weakest of the franchise for me. So while I wanted to see the second one, I didn't have high hopes.

In 1956, when mysterious events lead to a priest's violent death, Sister Irene (Taissa Farmiga) once again has to face a demonic entity.

I didn't like this film, further cementing 'The Nun' movies as the worst in the Conjuring franchise.

It's worth re-watching the first movie before seeing this one, because I was really confused about who everyone was and what was happening for a long time.

A lot of scares are there for shock value rather than moving the story forward. This is fine, and actually normal for a horror movie, but the issue for me was that I didn't understand what was happening anyway, so I would have liked the scares to help provide some information.

I didn't care about the characters, even the ones I knew from previous movies.

There were times when it was a bit boring - the story itself wasn't that entertaining overall, and it didn't add anything to the wider Conjuring universe, which was a bit disappointing.

Overall, this was probably the weakest of the Conjuring franchise, but I definitely think it's worth watching (or re-watching) the first one if you want to watch this one.

3/10



 

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List