3 Month Favourites! | January - March 2022

It's my first favourites post of the year! It feels like such a long time since I've done a Favourites post, and I've missed them. I don't have a huge amount in this list, but there are definitely some amazing things that I want to talk about!

Favourite Film (1): tick, tick... BOOM!

I reviewed this film HERE and made no secret of the fact that I absolutely loved it. I've seen it a few times since writing that review and I still love it immensely. I'm going to talk about the soundtrack later in the post, but the film in and of itself is great - definitely worth watching if you haven't yet!

Favourite Movie (2): Free Guy

This a late favourite. I only watched it for the first time last night, so haven't had the chance to review it yet, but I can't remember the last time I loved a film so much, especially on the first viewing. I'll write a full review, but this is without a doubt my favourite film of the year so far!

Favourite TV Show (1): The Fosters

I wrote about this show in my 2021 Favourites post, and at that point I had been watching it for less than a month. Now not only have I finished it, but I've started the spin-off (Good Trouble) and I've started the original show from the beginning because I loved it so much. A TV show hasn't affected me like that in a really long time, and I would definitely encourage everyone to watch it.

Favourite TV Show (2): The Office

I have been listening to the Office Ladies podcast so much over the last couple of months that it inspired me to start watching the show again. This is one of my favourite shows of all time, and each re-watch reminds me why. I am a huge sitcom fan anyway, but this is one of the best.

Favourite Song: tick, tick... BOOM! soundtrack

During January and February, I barely listened to anything else. I am absolutely obsessed with the music in this film, and all of the performers were amazing, including Andrew Garfield whose voice was a total surprise! My favourites from the soundtrack include '30/90', 'Come to Your Senses', 'Therapy', 'Why' and 'Louder Than Words', and as amazing as they are in the film, they are equally amazing to listen to on their own. 

Favourite Actor: Andrew Garfield

This was kind of obvious based on how much I loved tick, tick... BOOM! and also the new Spider-Man movie. So yes, I have watched a lot of Andrew Garfield in the last few months. After seeing those films, I went through his filmography and found some amazing movies - excluding the two I've already mentioned, I loved watching 'Never Let Me Go', 'The Social Network', 'Breathe' and 'Mainstream', they are all amazing movies and Andrew's performance is amazing in them.

Favourite Book: Seven Days in June

This is the book that I'm currently reading so I won't say too much about it here (though I will review it when I finish), but so far I am absolutely loving it. I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately, and this is slowly but surely pulling me out of it. I've been reading it for a little while, and still have about half to go, but if the ending is anything like the beginning, this will be one of my favourite books of the year so far!

And those are my first 3 month favourites for 2022! What are yours?



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List