American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

This one was a re-watch.

I'd seen this film once before watching it for the Bucket List. My memories of it weren't wholly positive - I didn't love the first watch, and while I didn't hate it, it wasn't a film that I was itching to watch again.

Though saying that, I knew that I probably would watch it again eventually, because I knew how much of a classic it was.

Like a lot of films I've watched for the Bucket List, I liked it more this time around than I did the first time, though I still didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

But that being said, I did really enjoy it. The writing was great and Christian Bale was amazing in the role, as were the supporting actors.

For me, though, the most iconic thing about this movie is its soundtrack. The songs used are amazing and fit the movie so well. They're used in such a unique, original way, that it feels like this alone makes the movie a classic.

The film is really well made, and even though I don't love it, I can completely understand why so many people do. And if the rumours of a remake are true, that's something that I'd definitely be interested in seeing!



Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

Suncoast | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review