Fresh | Film Review

I had no idea what this film was about when I started watching it, and that's the best way to watch it because... it's a crazy ride.

When Noa (Daisy Edgar-Jones) takes a chance and gives Steve (Sebastian Stan) her number, she becomes trapped in a nightmare that she never could have anticipated.

I hope that's vague enough!

I really enjoyed this film. I didn't know what to expect, but that works in the film's favour and made it so much more entertaining.

My first impression was that I really liked the couple and their meet-cute. They had an innocence about them that was sweet to watch. And after seeing the film, you'll know why this opinion is laughable.

Daisy Edgar-Jones, Sebastian Stan and the rest of the cast (which includes Jonica T. Gibbs as Mollie and Andrea Bang as Penny) are amazing in their roles.

The idea of the film is almost too crazy to exist, which is exactly why it should. It is reminiscent of a certain type of horror movie that I love, while still being really original.

Having said that, once you get over the absurdity, it's a really interesting and intriguing film.

I personally wanted the boundaries of the film to be pushed a bit more. For example, again without giving anything away, I would have loved to see more gore. I'm probably alone in that opinion though!

The main thing that I didn't understand about the film was the addition of two characters that didn't really do anything. And the worst thing about that was that they both had the potential to completely change the film, and they just weren't used.

It took me a while to work out how I felt about the film. I liked the originality, I liked the concept, and I liked the characters. But after the initial shock, the characters make stupid decisions, and the dialogue isn't great.

Overall, I enjoyed this film. It was an interesting concept told in an original way, but it's definitely not flawless!

6.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List