Intrusion | Film Review

 

This is a Netflix movie that came out a few weeks ago. I had set up a reminder for it weeks before it actually came out because I really liked the premise. It didn't give much away, but I liked the idea of it.

Soon after moving into a new town, Meera (Freda Pinto) and Henry's (Logan Marshall-Green) home is broken into. Traumatised by this, Meera tries to find answers. But soon she discovers that she is in more danger than she ever realised.

This isn't a particularly good movie. I understand where the filmmakers were going with it, but it ended up being a bit unengaging, and very predictable.

At the start of the film, I really liked the two main characters. Even though the audience didn't get to find out too much about them, I felt like we got to know them, and I enjoyed getting to know them.

For maybe the first 50 minutes, the film is intriguing enough to keep you watching. There are many obvious and less-obvious routes that it could take, and you are interested to find out which one it's going with.

From here on, though, I found myself getting bored with it. It started to become less engaging, and I felt like I could make quite a good guess of where it was going.

The thing about this film is that, while watching it, you feel like things are happening. But if you think about all of the major events from start to finish, you realise that not much actually happened, other than speculation. There were no big changes.

As I said, the film was predictable. So the twist at the end wasn't particularly shocking or well thought-out. It was easily guessed, and that ruined the entire film for me, even the parts that I had initially liked.

All in all, the film felt a bit pointless to me. I didn't hate it, but there are definitely better ways to spend 90 minutes.

4/10



Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion