Abandoning My 'To Be Read' List

 

I've been reading some really interesting books lately, which re-ignited my love of reading. 

However, after finishing a book that wasn't that great, then picking up a book that I was actually excited for, reading a page, and deciding that it wasn't for me yet, I decided to halt my reading list.

And by halt, what I mean is that I went through my piles of books, found about 5 that I used to love when I was young, and put them at the top of the list.

Not only are they shorter than most of the ones on my current list, but they are familiar enough to be comforting, but not enough to be boring.

This is strange for me because I never really re-read books. 

I used to when I was younger, but now, between writing reviews, and trying to read as much as possible so that I can buy all the new books coming out, re-reading old books, particularly childhood favourites, never really makes sense.

But I've uploaded a book review fairly recently, and I have another two written, so I decided to just go for it.

I'm now reading some books by Catherine McPhail and Malorie Blackman, and those were two of my favourite authors when I was younger, so I'm really excited to revisit them.

I've also missed reading books where I don't care about other people's reviews. I love to read a book, search Goodreads and compare all of the reviews to my own reactions, but it does feel really nice not to need to do that. 

So, I'll be taking a break from my TBR, but I'll be back on it sooner or later. I'm too excited about some of the books on it to abandon it completely!

And maybe I'll write a post about my childhood favourites?



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review