Don't Let Go | Film Review


 I watched this on a whim via Sky Cinema. The premise was interesting enough, and I like both of the main actors, so I had nothing to lose. After watching it for a little while I decided to review it, because I definitely hadn't heard enough about it as I should have.

Detective Jack Radcliffe (David Oyelowo) is devastated when his brother, sister-in-law and niece are killed in a murder-suicide. However, after receiving a call from his niece, Ashley (Storm Reid), that is seemingly coming from the past, Jack and Ashley work together to stop the murder before it happens.

This film was so much better than I expected. 

The concept is great. It was like an episode of the Twilight Zone, which I loved.

When the phrase 'mind-bending' is used in the description of a film, it's usually code for 'confusing', and while this does become confusing in places, overall the concept is thought-out well enough that it is easy to understand.

I really enjoyed watching these characters. They're well written, and they have great chemistry.

The film gets into the action really quickly, but it takes a while to work out where the story is going. It definitely gets better the more of it you watch.

There are really great performances throughout the film, particularly from David Oyelowo and Storm Reid, who are amazing in these roles. They work really well together, and there is great chemistry.

I was able to guess one of the major plot twists of the film quite early on, but that didn't ruin the enjoyment for me.

The build-up to the ending is where the film really picks up, and it paves the way for a really great ending.

Overall, I enjoyed this film, and don't think it gets talked about as much as it should. Definitely watch this if you like the premise.

6.5/10


    

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review