August Favourites | 2018

Hey Guys x

I really haven't posted that much during August, but I can never not do a 'favourites' post, so here it is! Tell me what your favourite things have been this month!

Favourite Movie (1): To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Image result for to all the boys i loved before poster

I reviewed this here, so feel free to check it out. But just to clarify, I completely loved it and can't wait to watch it again!

Favourite Movie (2): Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Image result for me and earl and the dying girl poster

I saw this for the first time this month, and I have no idea why it took me so long. All the way through the film, I was watching and enjoying, but it wasn't really affecting me. Then it got to a scene near the end of the film that I won't spoil. And I just lost it. It felt like until that moment, I hadn't really thought about the film in a deep way, and when I did, I realised how much of an impact it did have on me. So yeah, I loved it, and you should definitely watch it if you haven't.

Favourite TV Show: Brooklyn 99
Image result for brooklyn nine nine poster

This is the only show that I've been watching lately, so of course it had to take this spot. It's a popular show, and for good reason. I genuinely think that this is the best sitcom on TV right now, because all of the other really good ones have either declined in quality, or they've ended (such as The Office) so yeah, if you're looking for something that's currently on to sink your teeth into for half an hour, here you go!

Favourite Song(s): Good Intentions and IOU

These two songs are by Dappy (the former frontman on N-Dubz) and I don't know why it took me so long to hear them, but I fell in love with both of these songs instantly. Not only do they have amazing melodies, but the lyrics of each are so poignant and definitely worth listening to.

Favourite Music Artist: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Image result for when the curtain falls album

It took me a long time to finally listen to this album, but I'm so happy I did. We all know that Carrie can sing, but in some of these songs, she just totally out-does herself! Standouts for me would be 'What It Means To Be A Friend', 'They Just Keep Moving The Line', 'You Matter To Me' and 'Somewhere That's Green' - listen to the whole album, but definitely listen to those!

Favourite Actor: Sebastian Stan
Image result for sebastian stan 2018

I'm currently watching 'The Bronze' as I write this, so of course I have to write about Sebastian. As a lover of film, I am completely in awe of him. I know I talk a lot about having a love for actors that are versatile and can play a variety of different characters, and this is Sebastian to a T! Every single part he plays is completely different to the next and just shows what an amazing actor he is. I mean, he's played the same character in the MCU 6 times (including post-credit scenes) and every time we see Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier/White Wolf it is completely different, almost like they're different characters in their entirety, and that can only be pulled off by someone as incredibly talented as Seb. I can't wait to see what he's in next because for the last few years he's been striking gold with every single project!

Random Favourites

YA Book To Movie Adaptations
Image result for to all the boys I've loved before book and film

Image result for simon vs the homosapien agenda

The week that I watched 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' is also the week that I started reading 'Love, Simon', originally titled 'Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda', and it's just reminded me how much I love YA (Young Adult) books. But also, I feel like production companies have done an amazing job of picking and making these adaptations. These movies are also introducing the general public to books that they might not have discovered otherwise. As soon as I finish 'Love, Simon', I'm gonna start reading 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' and I honestly can't wait!

Tell me some of your favourite things!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'