Book Review #40: Dream A Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher



Hey Guys x

This is Gi Fletcher's latest book, a short story that continues from 'Dream a Little Dream', which I reviewed here!

Personally, I think that the best thing Giovanna ever did was leave this story open for a sequel, it is my favourite story of hers and this sequel certainly does not disappoint!

Just as a warning, if you haven't read 'Dream A Little Dream', but you're planning to, my review will probably contain spoilers, so you may not want to read it!

It carries on from where the last book left off following Sarah Thompson, her gang of best friends, and her boyfriend Brett Last. It's now Christmas, and not much has changed within the group - until now. It seems that Christmas is the time when all of Sarah's friends have decided that it's time to grow up and to get serious about the future. Apart from Brett. Whenever Sarah brings up their future, the subject is always avoided. So what's going on with Brett? Can Sarah figure out the truth before Christmas time? And do her weird dreams have anything to do with it?

I loved this short story!

As I said, I love the fact that Gi brought this story back because all of the characters that she's  created are amazing, and I would love her to explore them in more detail in future novels too because I'm not finished with them yet! But also, I just love the storyline in general, the way that most of the characters develop in this story is great, and I'm truly invested in each character's individual story!

What was good?
I know I can't just say 'everything!' but it's honestly true! I love the characters just as much as I loved them before, but as well as this, although the story is so short, it gives so much more than I expected it to. All the characters play a part, including some of the seemingly less important ones, and as we're transported back into Sarah's mind, we fall in love with her character all over again!

What was bad?
The only thing that I can think of is that I could completely guess the ending. But, for me, I think this was because it was the exact ending that I wanted it to be. If I were to have written the story myself, I probably would have done it the same way!

Overall
If you've read 'Dream A Little Dream', then you really need to read this book! If you haven't, then you need to read DALD because it's really an amazing book!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below what you think of Giovanna's books!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Great post - I adore Giovanna's books so will definitely have to check out this short story!

    http://keytomysparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great blogpost !!! can't wait to see more :DDD keep up the great work :D

    would love some feedback on my new video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KzN9yfTvo

    Jade :D

    and wooo 21 days !! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

NYAD | Film Review